What the heck do you look like?

Thank you Jocelyne. The name belonged to my great-grandmother. Her name was Marget so mom and dad made it more modern for the time. Not too many babies get that name in these times. 😊

Speaking of that...I often wonder...do you (anyone) think you look better in a mirror, or in a photo? Something always looks "off" to me, like we're either appearing inside out or backwards. Or that's how I'm imaging the way I'm "composed."

How can that be our real selves??? (*she asks confusingly*)

Speaking of that...I often wonder...do you (anyone) think you look better in a mirror, or in a photo? Something always looks "off" to me, like we're either appearing inside out or backwards. Or that's how I'm imaging the way I'm "composed."

How can that be our real selves??? (*she asks confusingly*)
O.O, we only ever see ourselves in a mirror so we see ourselves backwards to what others see us. A photo always looks strange because it is not the us we are used to. 😊

Hmmm. Do we ALL look better in real life? At least in real life, people can get a glimpse here and there and now and then of our better angles and get a chance to sense our engaging, vivacious, inner spirit that shines through. Or...maybe they‘re assaulted with all our flaws and faults and get turned off by our annoying, exasperating quirks.

Guess it’s hard being a human.

I certainly hope my inner spirit shines through from time to time. I need some sort of saving grace.
Seriously, I have known some beautiful people that, after you really get to know them, they are so ugly inside that you forget what they look like. By the same token, I have known some positively homely people, who after you really get to know them, are so completely beautiful on the inside that you even see the outside as beautiful.

I wouldn't judge oneself by an image or mirror. An appearance is an experience. You should know that.

Some words from my second love (this in response to me telling her my sweetie has a terrible self-image).

"I can't think of any women I know that have a positive self-image. Michael always threatens to smack me on the back of the head because I simply cannot take a compliment. I also think years living in Hollywood made me extra self-disparaging but I never had a good self-image, to begin with."

I don't feel free to post a photo of her here, but believe me, she was beautiful at seventeen and stayed that way.

As for Robbie, this is her at around forty, three years before we met. Her hair started turning when she was in her late 20s and got progressively lighter as time went on. When we met it was, as it remains, pure silver, except for a few brunette tendrils at her nape. And very soft.

Robbiegrey2.jpg

Audrey Hepburn thought her nose had an unattractive bump on it.

Women just do not get it.

We are what we are, the best thing in life is knowing that the limitations we have are inside our own minds, rather than the minds of others.

Yeah, sometimes my mind has no limitations and about that time my body says Woah!

Yeah, sometimes my mind has no limitations and about that time my body says Woah!
I have the same problem. In the photo where I'm hanging from the tree branch, a minute after you'd see me on the floor with a broken branch on top of me with my daughter and two small boys laughing hysterically at the old man that went beyond the limits. I'll still do the same next week though, bring it on! 🤣

I feel like I have the worst body dysmorphia on the planet earth, but I didn't always. I actually used to feel quite comfortable in my skin, aside from one (two) little body parts. It's when I reached the age of thirty when all that changed, so I've been mostly locked indoors for more than twenty years because of it. I don't mind getting older though. I don't mind getting gray, wrinkling, or any of that. I do mind being fat. I do mind my chest. I have lost twenty-seven pounds since March and plan to loose another by January. They say the slower you lose it, the less likely you'll gain it back.

I have the same problem. In the photo where I'm hanging from the tree branch, a minute after you'd see me on the floor with a broken branch on top of me with my daughter and two small boys laughing hysterically at the old man that went beyond the limits. I'll still do the same next week though, bring it on! 🤣
Yes, I was going to ask you how you managed that with a bad back. 😊

I feel like I have the worst body dysmorphia on the planet earth, but I didn't always. I actually used to feel quite comfortable in my skin, aside from one (two) little body parts. It's when I reached the age of thirty when all that changed, so I've been mostly locked indoors for more than twenty years because of it. I don't mind getting older though. I don't mind getting gray, wrinkling, or any of that. I do mind being fat. I do mind my chest. I have lost twenty-seven pounds since March and plan to loose another by January. They say the slower you lose it, the less likely you'll gain it back.
Yes Arty, I think slow is the healthiest way too. Good thing I don't mind getting gray, I began at 18! Now it is white so I don't have to worry about a gray hair. ;)

Arty, try the master cleanser. I did it for three weeks and have not regained the weight. The first three days were hard, after that I was feeling great. I slept so well, my mind was not restless. When I started eating again, I decided to remain vegetarian. I am not a fanatic. If I feel like eating something crazy, like 2 hotdogs, I will. I have not bought bread since Feb.
if I do, it is because I made it . I make the best flatbreads and the best végé pâté. Very little dairy. I find that it has simplified my life and I am still losing weight very slowly and painlessly.

Back