What the heck do you look like?

The system is better suited to strong students.

I would say, rather, that the system is best suited to the average student. Quite often, the very bright... the "gifted" are given no special care. Our government and education leaders assume that they will do just fine, but quite often they have social issues. There is also the fact that if you don't give a child something to do... something to occupy their mind... they will find something to occupy themselves on their own... and quite often, you won't like it. This is the problem facing many of the gifted students. The rapidly master what the rest of the class is still working on and they become bored... and look for something to do. Frequently, this includes various disruptive behavior.

I bet your tongue does stick out like this when you draw, deep in concentration. Very cute, cool observation.

I don't think I ever do that. I do, however, swear like a sailor. I wasn't the least surprised when a study found Ohioans swore the most of any state... although I thought initially it might be New Jersey: the Sopranos and all. 😄

Yes, the gifted are often bored and not challenged enough. Saw that too. My brother was one of them.
Also, when in deep concentration...my tongue is out. I don’t even notice! My family teases me. I say I am doing my best work! All of the rest of my family (mother, father, siblings) does this. I don’t believe I have ever done this in a professional setting.... thank goodness.

Last edited:
My kindergarten report card read: "Steven needs to pay more attention in class and have more respect for the rights of others. Does not skip with two feet."

When my sweetie was in first grade, she decided that all her classmates were immature jerks and all she wanted in life was a driver's license and a job.

Sugar skulls have always been popular in Los Angeles. They are everywhere, on murals, stickers, you name it. But it's not just for kids here. It's part of the culture.

My tongue doesn't really stick out unless I'm trying to do something really awkward. Then, yes, it does stick out. But I know I'm doing it. I always think it's funny when people make funny faces when cutting paper/using a scissors. Sometimes they bite along with the cuts. Check it out sometime. It's hilarious.

I got into all kinds of trouble when I was supposed to be in school. You guys don't even want to know. I began doing drugs at a super early age (11 or 12), but at least I stopped before too long and didn't continue into my adulthood. Maybe a few times here and there. Nothing really illegal though, not after 18 or 20. That's not to say I smoke pot. I stopped that by the time I was a young adult and now pot is like 100x more potent. I tried it not too long ago and it wasn't like the pot I remembered from when I was young. It made me nuts.

As a teenager, I did every drug you can think of though. Not good. My parents never knew where I was, not did they care. I lived in my car at times. But there were times I did that and tried to go to high school in spurts. A couple months here, a few weeks there. It wasn't easy to do when I was also trying to work and support myself on my own at 15-16 years old. It was easier to get my education at the library.

I find I'm holding my breath quite often when concentrating, it gives me quite a start sometimes when a great whoosh of breath escapes seemingly without me noticing that I haven't in fact been breathing 😀

Fairly recent one of me on my tiny sail boat. I'm not balding, at all, under the hat. :rolleyes:
me on boat.jpg

Yes, nice to see nufocus hasn't toned it down any 😄 Seeing John on the water rekindles a long held ambition to circumvent the globe. The only thing that has stopped me from carry this out is the funds, and admittedly, not knowing anything about sailing and navigation, I'd be worried about those tight curves and staying on. I guess it's like riding a bike.

Here, for my friends and "enemies" alike, is a photo taken during my first (and last) public appearance. Actually, it was a fancy dress competition at a Holiday Camp. Camp? I had cardboard box and tinfoil dreams of becoming a Cyborg, that fueled my imagination, but no, my parents thought curlers and my younger sister's nightie a winning combination. Ta-da! I was suddenly transformed into Hilda Ogden, the glamourous fictional character in Britian's longest running soap. Obviously an obliging sort, they wonder where the enfant terrible emerged from. Humiliation. Obviously.

Uncle Dave was the Children's entertainer.
Camp.jpg

Exactly. Look at those legs, like two milk bottles left on a doorstep in winter.

And I didn't even win! Uncle Dave took pity and awarded me a consolation prize: his condolences.

Back