Weekly Art Event: 10-17 December

Triduana

Contributing Member
Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is:

ROUND

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun! :)

ROUND

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun! :)
Kay - So it is "Round" this week! Im sure I can think of something very round! Thanks for Hosting.

I went off in a completely different direction. Since it's the holiday season, I decided to do a wreath. I looked for a reference but couldn't find one I liked so I made up the composition. Digital oils in Artrage, done in multiple layers. It took about 3 hours.

Thanks for hosting Kay.

20211210D Wreath.jpg

Thanks for starting us off Anne. I love your festive wreath! There's a lovely texture to the foliage.

Reactions: ams
Thanks for this week's prompt, Triduana.

ams - Great idea, & great start for this week's challenge! Love all the texture in the wreath greenery - brilliantly done!

Reactions: ams
Wow thats come out huge hasnt it! I should have re-sized it - but the actual size is A4 size which is 30cm x 25cm.

Thanks for your comments Maureen, Kay M, Jo, Kay, triss and Vivien.

Vivien, love your ROUND nosed reindeer!

Thanks for joining in Viv. I love your jolly reindeer! :)

I came up with the prompt just before I posted it and I'm still trying to decide what to do!

ROUND

Thanks, Kay.

Penny, I love your Christmas Round. I thought about a sung round but didn't have any idea how to draw it.

Thank you, Anne. I hope you do come up with something for a sung round. It would be fun to have two musical entries. 😁🎄

Back