Weekly Art Event: 10-17 December

I went off in a completely different direction. Since it's the holiday season, I decided to do a wreath. I looked for a reference but couldn't find one I liked so I made up the composition. Digital oils in Artrage, done in multiple layers. It took about 3 hours.

Thanks for hosting Kay.

View attachment 14798
It looks so real, Anne. Excellent. I don’t know anything about digital art. It would be good to use it to colour my drawings. i am pretty good with the internet but digital art programmes baffle me.

A Pictogram

What is this? 😁

690B3529-CDE0-414F-9B41-AC7EC11A2223.jpeg

Great idea for Round Penny! Love it!
Thanks, Viv. Can you decipher the pictogram? 😃

A pictogram is a word or words made up of pictures.

Mine shows a round robin letter! 🤣

Good one Penny! I like the carolers and the way the dog is joining in. Your round robin is a very good idea! :)

Kay - lovely floral. I really like how it fills the frame. :)

It looks so real, Anne. Excellent. I don’t know anything about digital art. It would be good to use it to colour my drawings. i am pretty good with the internet but digital art programmes baffle me.
Thanks Penny. There is a learning curve to create digital art but it is fun once mastered. I use a special digital pen that can draw on the screen (similar to a mouse). I can change the settings so it behaves like an oil brush, an eraser, a palette knife etc. I learned how to create digital art by watching YouTube videos.

Your bird is cute but I wasn't able to figure out the pictogram. Thanks for explaining it. Very clever.

View attachment 14927
A round vase, 4x6 mixed media on paper, an imaginary floral still life of acrylics over alcohol inks. The ink version was too abstract so the flower idea was done with a mixed gray on right side for the background and left side is inks as is the red vase.
Lovely floral Kay. Wonderful colors and composition.

Vivien - Fun reindeer, and nice idea with the round nose! I like the look of the light pastel on the toned paper with the bold red.

Schuee - Love the carolling dog (I'm another who had the idea of a musical round, but came up blank for drawing it). Clever work on the round robin pictogram!

Kay - Beautiful use of the mixed media - it's so bold, I love it! Gorgeous colours.

Back