View from Ellis Hollow Road

P. Barrie

11-1/2” x 8-1/2”, WC and Gouache on 140lb. Hot press

Painted from photo I took nearby. Again, had to finish sky and cloudas with gouache.
What do you think, overworked?

F625B96D-A1D0-4A0D-8DFA-AF9DD83BD8FB.jpeg

Not overworked, in fact it's gorgeous. I love that you used the gouache in the clouds. It gives it some texture that makes the whole painting, I think. I'm in love with the hills and all the greens you used in this. Just superb! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

This is lovely and in my opinion the sky is not overworked. I also like the variety of greens in your painting.

A lot to enjoy in this painting - from the overall beauty of the palette to your excellent rendering of tiny details. This is wonderful. Not overworked. :)

All this needs is a frame! I am mentally walking in that field and looking into the far distance. So beautiful!

I think it's beautiful. I like the changes you made to the second version. The whole painting just lit up!

Perry, Sno, Anne, thanks for commenting!
Changes were subtle. I think the brightness of the second pic is mostly due to the lighting when the pic was taken making the color of the second a little warmer, probably truer.

A nice painting. I like the changes in the second version. As the others said, it has a nice depth.
As for the light conditions, when I take a photo in poor light I do a white balance of the photo with a software afterwards, to increase the likeliness of the photo to the real painting.

Back