Some pics from my travel book (mixed media)

drizzlewither

The book is a watercolor moleskine. It doesn't get used as much as it should - I've had it a couple of years now - but finally there's not many pages left and I hope to fill it soon.

I draw in pen - generally sketch with a light grey or sepia then put the firm lines on with black. Color is watercolor, a travel kit with a waterbrush. Sometimes additional touches with white gel pen.

The first page (what's a "watercolor"?) Ahh memories. 2 years ago when I had slightly less idea what I was doing but also my waterbrush wasn't entirely trashed.
hbook-seaton-frogrock-sm.png

Recent pics from visit to family

hbook-sfoot-harbour.png

Harbour at night, alternately titled Payne's Gray Abuse

hbook-sfoot-bilgekeelers.png

Some bilge keelers in the harbour resting on the mud... That was supposed to be a buoy not a human skull if you're feeling nervous

hbook-sfoot-tesco.png

A delightfully scenic building. This part of the country is filled with castles and churches and lovely things, and where do I get to spend my time, supermarket car parks. Ah well make the most of it! Was too busy taking care of family to do any sightseeing :)

Artyczar

Wow! These are so amazing, such detail and attention to color too. They each express a certain mood. And I'm guessing these are the small moleskins? 3.5 x 5 inches?? I wish I had this kind of patience, even though I know I'd only need to just take some breaths and do it. I'm still too damn lazy. This is inspiring me for sure. Thank you.

Triduana

Forum Guide
Contributing Member
A great collection of paintings. I particularly like the one of Tesco: I think it's the first time I've ever seen one in a painting, you've made it look almost appealing :). Love the harbour too.

You've reminded me that I have one of those Moleskine watercolour books. I've had it a good few years and I think I've used it once. I'll have to dig it out.

laika

good intentions
I like these! Particularly Harbor at Night. Now I've got to Google "bilge keeler."

triss

Love seeing these pages from your travel book - great work. The Tesco sketch is my favourite, too - really clever use of the white gel pen, and a perfect job capturing the greyness of waiting in a supermarket car park!