Scavenger Hunt from Life #93: Nov 27 – Dec 6

Morning all. Pine Cone, thanks. We've been commiserating for a while, eh? Hope to sketch today. The Water Media Challenge calls, but it is painting from photos which isn't really me, but I like to take part, so??? Anyhoo, I'll be back soon.

Hi Jo 👋 Sorry about that - no worries 😌

All — I've been prattling on about the "Infinite Painter" app and its fantastic User Guide, which is actually titled "Reference Manual", and has 537 pages!!!
😃😁😍 The 2nd page cracked me up, and made me happy...
Here's a screenshot...

IMG_7194.png

Pine Cone, I'm glad you got Procreate back. Too bad about the other program not working out for you. Sometimes we react so quickly to things and then in a clearer light they aren't as bad as we thought. (I know I do that a lot.) I hope that is what happens for you. I hope there is something that helps you deal with some of what is going on. Until that time feel the big hug coming your way!!! (Maybe some caring like Jo sends but coming from NY.) Thanks for your comment.

Ai, I saw your photos of these buildings on FB. You have a knack for turning what looks like a mess into a thing of beauty. The buildings came out lovely!!

Jo, what a fun and colorful bag. Why is it that the marker pens never seem to have a yellow yellow or a pink pink??? They always fall short.

I did these comments yesterday....and didn't hit "Post Reply."

Pine Cone, I like that page from the manual. I could have used a page like that in a lot of things I've tried. lol

We had a rainy, dismal day here. I ended up going to one of the local libraries that was having a classical guitarist do a program. So I had someone to sketch and a musical instrument for the Sketchmas calendar.

15 - bench - watercolors and ink
16 - open hand

IMG_4140.jpeg

Pine Cone .. Don't Panic, sounds like advice I need. Ha. Funny it is in the program.

Joan, thanks. I love your bench and open hand. Nice to hear live music.

After doing the photo watercolor I decided to sketch in watercolor and pen for here.
Number 4 Seasonal - our only bit of fall color in the yard. In the Canson Mix Media sketchbook. I scanned it before it set for a while so the dark in the sky is the wrinkles in the paper. After the book is closed a while it will straighten out. Maybe. Ha.

csshfl93seasonal.jpg

Jo, thanks. It was nice to hear live music. We had also gone to a Holiday Ice Show on Saturday at a local theater. It was Jerry's first time out for live entertainment since he got sick.

Today's prompt for the USK Sketchmas was holiday food. I couldn't think of anything that I would be able to find that wasn't dessert, so I ended up sketching a few trays of holiday cookies at a market in the area.

17 - wrapped tray (sub for bag/sack) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4146.jpeg

Sculptcha - fabulous pen work. Your sketches look like illustrations in one of Alphonso Dunn’s books.👍🏽

Joan - Playing with brushes is kind of fun. Almost all have a surprise. 😎

Pine Cone - glad you got Procreate back. Infinite Psinter diuns interesting. Am waiting to hear Jo’s comment on a 500 page User Guide.😂 Positive energy flows your way fro Florida too. That page is a great motto period.

Ai - Your painting of the Victorian homes is excellent.

Jo - if I ever had to guess who owns a Day of the Dead anything you would not have been on my list. Do you really take that shopping? Bummer only color in our yard is flowers.😎

Joan - So much to like in the guitarist. Flesh tones, brick lines, flag folds, hair. You are a teacher. You should teach watercolor. Yummy cookies.

keep sketching
Fletch

I have a short break before my next teaching semester starts in 3 week...so I get to sketch out more ...yippie !!!

#5 thick -- Chinese Pavilion, SuanLuang Park, Bangkok ...wc and ink

20231205_131148.jpg

20231205_124601.jpg

#6 round -- Main Pavilion, SuanLuang Park, Bangkok ... directwatercolor

20231205_111556.jpg

20231205_111414.jpg

Fletch, thanks. Your comments make me smile. The last thing I would want to do is teach anything. After 32 years of teaching in NYC I have to be roped and tied to do any kind of class. Lol

Ai, your sketches are getting so good! The one of the Chinese pavilion is really well done. Your ink lines really enhance the watercolor. But your direct watercolor is great, especially since I know how hard it is to work without pencil lines.

18 - fist - Procreate

IMG_0106.jpeg

PineCone: Positive art vibe to you.

Fletch: Thanks.

Jo: Love your glowing seasonal trees.

Joan: Thank you. Wonderful rolling of great sketches... love the open hand, musician.... the cookie sack is super...its ink line really enhance the yummy and soft cozy treat... and your digi fist is very cool.

Thanks everyone for checking and supporting the posted art works here. If you have not shared your sketch, pls. do.

Oh wow, those watercolor sketches, Ai. I love the impressionist look of the direct watercolor, and how the simple ink lines define the structure. Nicely done.

Jo C, very seasonal, indeed! Though it's hard to believe it's a winter scene. With all that green still, looks like early fall. Nice touch of blue to make that orange pop.

Joan T, fun, vibrant sketches. I just can't get over the composition of the fist. It's so simple but so bold and commanding. I would put that on my wall! Now I'm thinking now about large scale hand paintings of my family. Could be fun in different colors, or maybe stick with black and white. We're trying to cover up our ugly mobile home walls while we remodel, large format paintings seem the easy way to go, thanks for the idea!

Got a few more done while slow at work. I'm going through a move and most of my art supplies are in storage, so I don't have much other than yellow legal pads and ballpoint or gel pen.

1. Open hand
2. Parabola (not sure if it truly counts, but I'm using it! / bottle
20231204_161836.jpg

20231205_103720.jpg

Hi art buddies - Great to see all the usual suspects. :giggle:Super good to see your sketches. Can't comment on all but Joan's shark makes me smile. Kinda looks like he is doing that face just for Joan! Fletches snowman figure is so demure and innocent fresh look. And Ai's idea of using a photo of the floor for background is a "i AM gonna try that soon" find.

Seeing all the work, well I am gonna try and maybe squeese in some 5 minute sketches.....RL has deepened since hubbie fell and is completely bedridden......but I still love that guy and hospice help is so amazing...... I really NEED to do some sketching....

love you all

Joan, your trays of cookies look wonderful! I'm going to have to make some gluten free something! Pretty bags. Great fist. You are doing well with Procreate, too.

Fletch, I do use the bag with the skeleton on it. Well a couple of times. I have a friend that loves that so I may just send it to her, now that you mention it. In Bolivia they celebrate by making bread in the shapes of animals and go eat and drink with the departed on All Souls Day. Joan and I sketched in San Antonio, you may remember the photos. We had fun that day. With the bright colors and food it doesn't seem so sad. Makes me smile. You are right about the users guide ... jeepers. I missed the 500 page part!

Oh, Ai, wht a great watercolor of the Chinese Pavilion. Amazing and beautiful. Same with the round pavilion. You are a master at those sketches!! Have lots of fun on your time off. Hugs to your girls and Tone.

sculptcha, our fall is just now. We live in Central Texas so we are still hitting mid 70s F in the daytime and about 40 at night. Still very green although we expect a bit of cold around Christmas. We are getting a little brown. Short on rain this year. We follow college baseball and usually our coldest time is February when baseball starts. Ha. My daughter and I have gone to games at about 40 degrees F and wrapped up in blankets over long-handles and jeans. I love your hands, faces and bottle. Always hard to be without art stuff. You are doing well!

Robin so glad you checked in. Good to hear you have help. Wishing you the best with comfort and hugs. Thinking of you.

Thanks all for the comments. This is my good times, too, with my art buddies as Robin says. Hope Pine Cone is warm and all of you are doing well.

Sculptcha: Thanks so much. Awesome hand and the super cute and well execute parabola items.

Robin: Thanks... Good vibe sending your way.

Jo & Joan: Thank you so much for your kind word.

Ai, thanks so much. Thanks for hosting too.

Sculptcha, thanks. I'm trying to imagine walls covered in hand art. lol It would be interesting. Like your hatching on the open hand. What are the little heads? Those should qualify as parabolas. Nice bottle of sanitizer.

Jo, thanks! Out day in San Antonio sketching the Day of the Dead parade was fun. It wasn't something I had much experience with before, although it has become more popular around this area as the Latino population has grown.

Robin, sit down in that great recliner and do some sketching. I'm glad you have some help there. It isn't easy when someone is bedridden and you are the caregiver. Hospice is so much help!

Joe 1, I love your soldier!! I have 2 large standing ones that I made and decorated with felt many years ago. They always make me smile like yours did.

I sketched today but nothing that fits the hunt.

joe1lt, Ahhh, a little nutcracker. Very nice. Made me smile, too.

Joan, thanks.

Ai, thanks for the Hunt. See all y'all on the next Hunt.

I sketched on the porch. It was about 80º F. pretty nice. It will get down to about 50º tonight. My kind of late fall! Ha. On my iPad with Brushes and Apple pencil, no special brushes except for background. Should have tried the photo idea ... next time.
Number 5 hanging - the geranium that made it through the heat of summer

shfl93hanging.jpg

Back