Scavenger Hunt from Life #50 Dec. 17–25. 2022

Thanks everyone for the nice words about my drawing of the figurines, glad you like them. thanks for the greetings, happy holidays to all. I agree with Joe on your drawings that make me want to learn watercolor.
Sylwia, yes, it's a digital drawing.
looking for a blue color because it's maybe my favorite color,

Joan - Mom’s Pierogi is such a clever idea. Simply awesome idea and well done as well. Think maybe you have the perfect Christmas present for your sister!

Ned - Always fun to start a new sketchbook. Like the first step on a new adventure. Enjoying your plain air ink landscapes. Not a lot of rocky coast on the Gulf Coast. That second photo would make a dramatic painting.

🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.🎄

Keep sketching
Joe

Today I went cafe-hopping with Tone, and some of my BangkokSketcher friends. It is pretty fun.

#9 sweet -- a fudge cake
#10 figure -- Venus sculpture
#11 seasonal veggies -->season --> spring --> spring roll
#12 metal -- a vintage bike
#13 gigantic -- a pagoda
#14 fragile -- a blue ceramic horse

h50_sweet_1.jpg

h50_Food_b.jpg

h50_Food_a.jpg

h50_Building_a.jpg

h50_Venus_b.jpg

h50_Venus_a.jpg

h50_BlueHorse_a.jpg

h50_BlueHorse_b.jpg

Boy, am I behind!! Merry Christmas Eve!

joe1lt, so sweet to see Eeyore and Donald. Very nice work.

Ai, wonderful that you went out with your group and found stuff to sketch for us. Pieces of history and so fun to see. The memorial with flags is wonderful.

Joan your cookies and flour and can is so cool. Makes me hungry and inspires me to cook. Ha. Your pierogi sketch is amazing and with warm memories. yummm.

Ned, great sketch. Love your water scenes in black and white. Not easy to do. Your sky is gorgeous!! We are cold, still in the 20s but it is sunny and dry. Poor Joan and folks back east are really suffering! Joe in Florida is even cold today!

Thinking of all of you Sylwia, EP, Robin, etc.....

I sketched at the table in the ArtStreet book with a Pilot ball point pen where we were keeping score for our card games. It is fun to keep them in my sketchbooks and we can look back at previous sessions and grumble where we lost or glory in a win. Ha. We had some from our times in Kentucky and New Mexico.
Cooking more today, enjoying the family. Staying warm and cozy. Still freezing outside. We are very fortunate this year. Counting our blessings.

Number 3 figure - subbing Chewbacca (Chewie) He was asleep with his chin on the table. Not good!

csshfl50figure.jpg

Joan: Thanks... The pierogi sketch is amazing .... Your mother must have been watching your sketching process with big joy. So am I.

Jo: Thanks.... Love the very cute pooch with chin rest on the table... Hope she feels comfort...

Ned: Thanks.... Wow... amazing landscape on the record. I can feel your peace from such place.

All: Thanks a lot for many good things, good words, good cheers throughout the year. Your wit and charm, your special items or moments wonderfully captured from life and get to share here are bringing me (and us) joy in such everyday and every moment of simple glorious things. And to think that we have shared that positive vibe virtually... that is so fortunate of us all here. 🎄Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year... ☃️ Cheers, to many more small sketches but yet mighty positive art energy to come.

Ai -- your posts are making me hungry! Those spring rolls look amazing. That's the second one where trees with wild-looking roots are on the side of a building... I really like the Venus sculpture painting, like she is there in a flow of living roots and branches. That's really cool.

Jo -- Chewbacca is really cute, and deserves his name! Great sketch. I'm gonna have trouble with your items in the next hunt... let's see... associations: eyelashes --> sand in your eye --> *beach*! vacuum --> dust --> dirt --> soil --> forest --> *tree*! I'll try to actually draw some hunt items for the next one!

I got out today and drew another broken record, I mean #1b something I like :)

IMG_1353rs.jpg

and a snapshot:

IMG_1348rs.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Another delicious piece AI - I like chocolate cake and spring rolls as well. They so beautifully served. . Superb sketches.

Cute Chewbacca. Jo

Beautiful scenery Nedl.

Thank you all for joining this hunt. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to all who celebrate.

Lovely sketches Ned, and Sylwia.

Ned: Thanks... wow to the incredible beach rock scene captured.

Sylwia: Thanks... I like the result of the poinsettia mixed with cp... glowing colors.

Ai - Yummy looking fudge cake. Pagoda, Venus and ceramic horse all well done. Love the roots growing on the stone wall framing the statue.

Jo - Gran-puppy looks pooped. Keeping score sketchbook adds to the memories in the book but also helps to date it.

Ned - Do I see a hint of color? This should be #4 or #5. Overlapping objects and the fallen tree definitely qualifies as wood and those don’t even take associations. 😎.

Sylwia - The perfect Christmas painting. Make a nice card. Mixed media always seems to add something.

🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.🎄
Keep sketching
Joe

Ned, thanks. Enjoyed seeing your sketch...awesome sky!

Sylwia,thanks. Our family always makes cheese pierogi...and a few filled with sauerkraut too.

Back