Scavenger Hunt from Life #4, Dec4 - Dec 12

thank you very much everyone for the beautiful words.

Jo, it's a wonderful design and composition, cute plush.
Triss, fantastic work with fruits, beautiful result obtained with a reduced palette.
nice dog, I like how the figure is revealed.

Sue, true what you say, about trying and learning.
however I like your job. nice job

Joe, I like it very much, very nice colorful drawing

ams, wonderful coloring, beautiful works
Ai, nice carriage

Jo - What is it? Over 5 years? Deserves a drum roll with a flourish! Nice pen work as always. Pen and pastel are so different but you do both. Do you see any carry over in techniques between them?
The main reason I am so attached to pen and pastel are the immediacy of the media. Once and done. Pastel is much easier to correct so much easier, but has to be covered - so not as good in a sketchbook, tends to get all over stuff like charcoal. I'm lazy about sketching and do not care to color and color with colored pencils and waiting for watercolor and oil to dry. So there you are then.

joe1lt, thanks for a fun list. Got a few done, yay.
Thanks, all. See ya on the next Hunt.

Triss, love the angles on the golden apple pair with blue background. The dog sketch with the squirrely lines is so cool. I like the blue mug and apples, too.

Ai, happy you are home. Hope you had a good time at the cabin. The carriage is a fun find.

Sue, love the chaotic sketch, kitty and stories and trying new stuff. Excellent.

Joe, your candle is great. Good job on the shapes and ellipses.
'
Anne, lovely leaf and water can. Color is always fun.

Anne, wow on the piano keys and trowel. Super perspective and shading. Again, wow.

Joan, your dance related sketches are so good. Hard to capture in just minutes. The tree farm is so great. You find such interesting places to sketch. The boat is a great symbol of your area. Bravo! The chips were warm and delicious.

Anne, wow on the piano keys and trowel. Super perspective and shading. Again, wow.

Joan, your dance related sketches are so good. Hard to capture in just minutes. The tree farm is so great. You find such interesting places to sketch. The boat is a great symbol of your area. Bravo! The chips were warm and delicious.
Hi Jo,

I think this post belongs in Scavenger Hunt #5, that's where my piano keys are. :unsure:

Love all your sketches! :) Sorry I haven't had time to sketch, but as well as the busy lead up to Christmas, it is also the beginning, of our early Summer Holiday Season in New Zealand and I'm off on a well earned holiday break this week. So as I'm taking my sketchbooks and watercolor paints with me.... hopefully I'll get time to sketch some, when I'm on holiday. Here's hoping the weather behaves and we have a lovely Summer Christmas Day in New Zealand and Australia! Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes, for a happy, healthy and art filled year in 2022. (y):love:😊

Back