Scavenger Hunt From Life-#36- Aug18-26

Ai - wow!! Such detail on this aviator tool - don't worry, you did plenty in here and it's very impressive. My husband was an aerial photographer and their pilots had to plot many low-flying missions, in addition to normal altitudes - I'll show him this and see if he's familiar with it.

Joan - this whole scene is charming! I love the signs and the whole store in the background. I want to visit this farm and maybe even buy a pie!

Hi Ho art buddies. Looking at everyone’s comments and art and understanding how we are all taking time out from life’s chores for art in moments we eek out gives me heart beat , we share personal creative happiness very special. Thank each of you from bottom of my “pallet”.

Ai - OPs are rich and lustrous. And you have a sweet start toward completing list. seeing plant life there is special perk!
i Adore the gas station sketch and fun social commentary on chicken salesmanship. Beautiful avocado! TOO COOL selection for measuring tool

JoC- we too have ongoing appt schedule with medical people. The few moments I get to sketch feel like nourishing exotic stolen waters. Hope you sneak in a sketch or two.

JoeFl-thanks for your warm hosting hospitality on#35. Always good to see you here.

Ep- Hi!! Looking forward to your ever pleasant spacious simplicity. ;>}

Joan - Yay! Goo go with blinds and curtains. Kinda looks like a hotel arrangement. Lovely greys, whites, and blacks details on fountain . Nice use of space, guiding eye, and suggestion pathway and flowerbed brick. I especially like your boat pieces. They have a relaxed complication being smooth water vessels surrounded by grounded blgds and the gathered accoutrements of both. Love this one especially. The boats name is so fun too!

Terri- thanks for popping in regularly

Joe1- hi, thanks for dropping in with encouragement and presence

7606B842-4585-4391-A55E-B3045A125211.jpeg

C50E9816-E8F2-4209-B76B-6993A460F8DC.jpeg

1-truck
2-heavy-(this Adirondack chair swivels & rocks on a platform)

Ai, Mmm, love the avocado. Pretty "red" high heel shoe. Pretty gravy boat, nice memory and the spoon is very special. So nice.

Joan, good parking lot find and the signs are all so special. I'm always surprised that there is so much "country" in New York. I see New York City even when I know there is so much variety and beauty in the whole state. The mountains, rivers and much open land. Niagara Falls of course, etc........

I wrote this last night and didn't send....sigh.

Ai, wow, you picked a complicated measuring tool. Whew. Good job on it!

Robin, such a fun truck. You managed lots of detail. Do you like the Adirondack chair? I always think they look good but they are too big for me so not comfortable. Well drawn.

Here is the one I didn't post last night. Digi on my iPad
csshfl36large.jpg

And today, also on the porch in the regular sketchbook with a Micron 02
Number 2, shopping cart - sub luggage carrier
Number 3, related to walking - a stick made by a woodworker here in Bastrop.
csshfl36cart.jpg

Thanks so much : Jo, Joe1, Terri, and Robin.

Robin: Wonderful lines in both pieces... love the truck head
Jo: Beautiful landscape... nice luggage hauler.... interesting cane.

Sketched at the x-ray lab, there for Gene, checking his back. In the Art Street Mix Media book with Micron 02.
Number 4 - Parking lot, you can see a car and a couple of spots out the window
Number 5, heavy - large planter by the chair (another by the window)
csshfl36parking.jpg

Jo, beautiful draws

1 Pertaining to reading, book, the time machine, extraordinary, and this reissue has nice cover, reproduces some drawings of the first editions, paper a5 pencil

3141E6E9-94C7-4CAE-86DC-E3BB91CCDFEA.jpeg

Terri & Joe 1, thanks!

Joe 1, nice sketch of the book cover!

Ai, that's quite a measurement tool and how great that it belonged to Tone's dad.

Robin, thanks so much. I got so excited to see the old boat with all its character. Much more fun than the neat boats that were sitting in the water. Fun sketch of the Adirondack glider, rocker. I'm not a fan of Adirondack chairs since I can never get out of them. lol Good hatching on that solid-looking truck.

Jo, thanks. LOL When people hear NY they always think big city buildings and traffic. We have the traffic but it is so much more country out here. A big part of Long Island was produce farms and duck farms. A lot of that has disappeared recently as the towns spread out, but we are far from the big city feel. That's part of the reason I like going sketching with the NYC Urban Sketchers. What they sketch is pretty much the opposite of what is out here. I like your digital sketch and the luggage carrier and walking stick. Nice items to sketch at the x-ray lab. I always like finding new things to sketch instead of the same things over and over. lol

8 - reading glasses (pertaining to reading) - Sketch & Wash pencil
IMG_0652.jpeg

9 - from my mother (glass perfume bottle) - Sketch & Wash pencil
IMG_0651.jpeg

10 - pertaining to walking (my feet) - Sketch & Wash pencil
IMG_0649.jpeg

11 - corner of the room - watercolors and ink
IMG_0650.jpeg

joe1lt, great find for the book cover. Nice.

Joan, fun items. Love the perfume bottle. Lovely corner and feet! Smile. Thanks on the parking lot sketch, too hot to sketch outdoors.

Jo - thought the digi was a pastel. The trees look good, like trees should. Nice sky background.
Good job on the luggage carrier. Did you travel a lot? the walking stick has alot of personality.
Sweet waiting room sketch. Looks like mother-in- law tongue plant.
I do like this Adirondack chair because it doesn’t slant deep like the traditional ones. It was Toms birthday gift. It swivels ang glided back and forth. It is a made for large bodied folks. I am small and it meets the back of my legs in uncomfortable place.

Joe1 - like your quick form sketch approach. Cool stance, hand and glance depiction.

Joan - nice position of glasses. Perfume bottle is sweet memento of a mom. Wow! Feet ARA so taken for granted . Lovely little corner sketch. second time the curtains are featured in the hunt.

I would like to send anyone who complete the hunt a little piece of art - laminated bookmark or ATC card......even if I am not hosting. Some may be reticent to divulge address and that is okay. Just think it would be fun....if that is okay?

#1 Wine glass charcoal in gray sketchbook. Trying hard to use charcoal. Have 2 more weeks with it in the course. Hard to blend like graphite, color pencil or pastels. Also tough to get even lines. But guess that is part of charcoal‘s character.
EFEC12DD-0FB2-4903-AC9F-D128084E625B.jpeg

Be back later to comment,
Keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
Joan - the blinds made me smile as your work is typically very detailed but these were so loose they almost look abstract. The fountain and boat are More your regular style note the implied detail in the building roof in the last one. Love the starting to wilt a bit sunflowers! Nice work on the parking lot. I would have seen all those signs and moved on or used artistic license to leave them out.LOL. The perfume bottle is beautiful. Definitely a keepsake. Love the corner wc sketch. Ca;nyou call a wc a sketch or is it still A paining?

Ai - Great pen work on the gas station. The avacado and shoe are OP? Then graphite. Then gel pen. So what medium do you not excel at. I am currently struggling with charcoal in the course I am doing and it is obvious in results that I do not enjoy them. Nice job on the aviation slide rule.

Robin - Live the truck! And the super hatching on the chair. Cool that it swivels and rocks. Do not think I have ever seen an Adirondack rocker. Love the bugs! Venetian Blinds are test of patience. Great hatching on the curtain.

Jo - see lots of your pastel style in the digi. I do not own one but always ooh an aah seeing hand made/carved walking sticks. Nice work on the waiting room and parking lot

Joe1 - been decades since I last read Time Machine. Thanks for reminder! Cover looks cool.

Joan, Joe1, Joe, Robin: Wonderful inspiring sketches.

Joe1: Thank you. Nice time machine book cover.

Joan: Thank you. Wonderful place you have ... can either go to farm/ocean/city and with strong art community... so cool. Love your corner of room sketch and the perfume bottle with delicate top is super.

Jo: Thank you. Wonderful to see your line sketch of your place.... I love peaceful relaxing place.

Joe: Thanks for your kind word. I like your wine glass sketch... may be I'll try similar approach.

Robin: That would be nice to get a laminated gift if anyone complete the list ... but I think It seems hard to me to achieve. Yesterday, I went to hospital for some checks and that has drained me as the state hospital can be quite crowd but I will keep your laminated bookmark perk in mind 😊 Thank you for your kind words. Lovely blind and curtain. Super job on the bug...

Hello Terri, EP and all.

Robin your bookmar/ATC idea sounds like a good motivato. Address can always be sent in an IM to keep it private.

Joe

Robin, such good bugs. There was a dead wasp on the porch and I forgot to sketch it. Your curtains are fun, great blinds and the teapot is a sweet memory. And, yes we traveled a lot. We went to Canada every summer for about 10 years after Gene retired, then we started going to the mountains in New Mexico when his mother went into care. It is so hot here in the summer. We have stayed here the last three summers. Ouch!! Robin I'm always up for a prize! I haven't done all 26 items in years, but I'm smiling and might be persuaded.

Joe the glass has such nice shape. You handled the charcoal so well. I'm way too messy for charcoal.

We went to have the tires checked this morning and went to breakfast at Anita's Mexican Restaurant. I sketched in the new Ohuhu mix media sketchbook.#6 from a foreign place - the olla (pot) and sombrero (hat) and #7 corner of a room around the round booth. The booths have carving in the wood, all different and red leather seats. Old brick walls.
csshflforeign.jpg

Out on the porch in the big regular paper book with the Ohuhu pens.
#8 pertaining to reading - glasses
#9 pertaining to laughing - book, Mike Rowe's mom is very funny. He is the guy from Dirty Jobs and more.

csshfl36read.jpg

Back