Scavenger Hunt From Life-#36- Aug18-26

Robin Gillis

Hi art buddies,

Please refer to Hunt #36 for in-depth description of what it’s all about.
A brief summary is we use any medium handy to sketch objects listed from life, that day. Comments and encouragement enjoyed but not necessary.

Heavy
Large
Grocery cart
Shopping cart
Parking lot
Bug
Seed
Bean
Vegetable
Wine glass
Curtain
Venetian blinds
From a foreign place
From mom or dad
Shoe
Silverware drawer
Corner of room
Pertaining to walking
Pertaining to reading
Pertaining to coughing
Pertaining to laughing
Vice or clamp
Gear
Truck
Fire hydrant
Tool of measurement

We really enjoy seeing any little thing you manage to put down and send. Happy Hunting.

Robin, thanks so much for the new list. Hopefully I can get more done on your list than I have been getting done lately.

Robin, thanks for the list. We have a very busy week next week, but I'll try. Looks like a few things I can do at physical therapy and waiting in new Doctors offices. Ha.

Robin, Thanks for the list.

I am trying kiddo OP in an area about 11 inch x 7 inch.

#1 vegetables .. about 15 minutes on both total.
121278.jpg

#2 large -- a tree ... did it with kido OP
H36_large.jpg

#3 seed of rubber plant + extra of parts of its seed pod and leaves .... When we went to our Rajburi cabin last month, I collect some of the rubber plant seeds from my neighbor trees poking over our fence... finally I got to sketch the specimen today... this part is done with kido OP.

h36_seed_RubberPlant.jpg

Ai, your sketches are great. Nice finds. Thanks for the photos. Doubt I’ll ever see a rubber tree and pods and leaves.

Robin - Thanks for the list.

Ai - great start for the Hunt. I had to examine the photo to see which were drawn and which were models 😂

Updated the Sign up List. There are still 2 openings this calendar year #44 and #50!

keep sketching
Joe

Last edited:
Ai, you have some great sketches using the kiddie OPs! I'm especially impressed with the mushrooms and the tomato. You are showing us something new today...seeds from the rubber tree.

Hi Jo, Joe & EP.

1 - Venetian blinds - watercolor
2 - curtains
IMG_0636.jpeg

3 - heavy (fountain) - watercolors
IMG_0628.jpeg

4 - boat (sub for truck) - watercolors and ink

IMG_0624.jpeg

5 - large sunflowers - watercolors & Aquatone watercolor sticks (I'm doing the sunflowers in several media before they all droop down to the table. lol)

IMG_0630.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 77
Joan: Thanks so much. What a lovely fountain, sunflower, and the fabulous sub. of truck. Nice blind.

Tone and I went out to exercise at the park, on way back, we stopped at the Gas station. This sketch was done in ink and took about 15 minutes.

#4 sub. parking lot with cars at gas station .
#5 heavy ... part of the gas station roof and petrol dispenser

h36_parkingLot_a.jpg

Joan, great start for you on the hunt. I'm envious of your drawing direct with watercolor. The curtains and blinds are so neat and the fountain is amazing. The big boat easily subs for a truck! Beautiful sunflowers.

Ai, the gas station sketch is amazing. The sign "Texas Chicken" caught my eye. Didn't know we had special chicken! Ha. I had to look it up and I see that here in the States it is Church's Chicken. Hmmm. I think the one we had here in Bastrop is closed now but they show 59 in Houston. Yikes!

Ai, the gas station sketch is amazing. The sign "Texas Chicken" caught my eye. Didn't know we had special chicken! Ha. I had to look it up and I see that here in the States it is Church's Chicken. Hmmm. I think the one we had here in Bastrop is closed now but they show 59 in Houston. Yikes!
Thank you and Great catch Jo, :giggle: lol, it is the Thai name for the American's "Church Chicken", since the Thai Franchise's owner does not want to use the word "Church " ... and for urban Thai (Bangkokian mostly), Texas, New York, and New Orlean are pretty famous names here. Our Thai Pizza Hunt serves "New Orleans Wings"... In Thailand, our family love our local Texas Chicken the most, KFC cannot come close. I wish I had a Million US$ to spare, I would try to open a "Chick Fil-A" shop here.

Last edited:
#7 from foreign -- a silver gravy boat, given to me by my late American friend ... done with 2B pencil
#8 from Tony's mom -- his baby spoon... done with a gel pen

h36_foreign.jpg

h36_TonyBabySpoon.jpg

Thanks for the new list, Robin!

Ai, love the OP work with the vegetables, tree and those nuts and leaves. Very nice work! Perfect colors for the avocado, and the shoe keychain makes me smile. Nice ink sketches of the gas station, gravy boat and baby spoon, too - you've been busy! :)

Beautiful watercolors, Joan! They are all good, but the standouts for me are your gorgeous sunflowers (well - my favorite flower, so no surprises there), and your fountain. The lattice fence behind the fountain is excellent. Good detail work on your boat, too.

Ai, I like the sketch of the gas station. It is fun to hear how the names of businesses change in your country. I don't think we have any Church's Chicken restaurants here either...even KFCs are rare around here. Nice OP of the avocado and pit. What a fun key chain...so colorful! Nice details on the gravy boat and the baby spoon.

Jo, thanks. The sunflowers are really drooping now. I've sketched them twice more since that first one.

Terri, thanks so much. I love sunflowers too, but these really didn't last long. I'm hoping to do at least one more sketch of them before they go into the trash.

6 - parking lot - watercolors and ink
7 - large signs

IMG_0637.jpeg

Terri: Thank you.

Joan: Thank you. Wowza on the store signs and the parked car... very charming scene well captured.

#9 measurement -- Jeppensen computer, an aviator assisted tool in calculating many flight parameters: wind tinagles, polar grid navigation, or pressure pattern flying etc. Tone inherited this tool from his late pilot father's treasure box. I could not do all those details but ... it sure is interesting to me... done in 2B pencil

h36_Measurement.jpg

Back