Scavenger Hunt from Life #25: May 22 - May 30

Jo thanks for the new list,
thank you all for the nice words,
Terri beautiful works, the colorful flowers are splendid, a couple of years ago I bought watercolors but I have not learned to use them

Jo, each of us had that prescription when we had the cataract surgery and Jerry had it for the second surgery too. I will get to work soon on your new list.

Joe 1, now I want to taste those taralli.

Terri, thanks. I'm glad you went to Blick and bought yourself some pencils. Having color will make you feel so much better. That bottle came out so great!!! You got such wonderful values. The can of sauerkraut came out nice too. I love sauerkraut but there are so few things to have it with...pork seems my go-to.

Angela, thanks. I actually go to a Blick store from time to time, but sometimes they don't have what I want and I have to order online. But nothing beats walking around the store to see what I "must have."

#7b -- another landscape ... done at the food shop, near our cabin... directwatercolor

h25_landscape2_Rajburi.jpg

Terri, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun! I blogged about (mostly) oil pastels today (link in signature, I think). Since the Crayolas, I got some Cray-Pas Expressionist pastels that leaped into my car while I was driving by Michael's the other day. (Not really, but . . . something like that.) And I ordered some Neopastels, but they're back ordered. I'm so jealous that you live near a Blick's! I have to wait for shipping . . . . Good can, and thirsty making wine bottle. What do you think of the WC pencils? I have some Derwent's, and I think they're the only Derwent product I have that I don't like. Maybe I just need more practice.
Angela, thanks! I've been meaning to respond before the Hunt ended - oh well. ;) About the WC pencils - easier for me to handle than brushes, I'm pretty awkward, so I enjoyed that. I'll have to pick up some more cheap brushes soon. I'm very limited atm.

I understand completely about things that seem to leap into your car while driving by an art supply store! We're out minding our own business...these things happen. No idea. ;) Sorry to hear the Neopastels are back ordered - I hope you like them when they arrive. They will feel small once you've gotten used to using your CP Expressionist, but they are smoother and quite luscious. I have a set of the Expressionist and they are great! A little hard, but I bet you're noticing they handle more easily than the Crayolas. I used them a lot when I first started with OP's, and they are still great now for a base coat or underpainting. btw I clicked your signature link but didn't see the blog, just your very impressive work!

Angela, thanks! I've been meaning to respond before the Hunt ended - oh well. ;) About the WC pencils - easier for me to handle than brushes, I'm pretty awkward, so I enjoyed that. I'll have to pick up some more cheap brushes soon. I'm very limited atm.

I understand completely about things that seem to leap into your car while driving by an art supply store! We're out minding our own business...these things happen. No idea. ;) Sorry to hear the Neopastels are back ordered - I hope you like them when they arrive. They will feel small once you've gotten used to using your CP Expressionist, but they are smoother and quite luscious. I have a set of the Expressionist and they are great! A little hard, but I bet you're noticing they handle more easily than the Crayolas. I used them a lot when I first started with OP's, and they are still great now for a base coat or underpainting. btw I clicked your signature link but didn't see the blog, just your very impressive work!
Well, I haven't started the next hunt myself. . . these hunts come and go really quickly sometimes. This was the blog post: https://www.hisamo.com/post/more-oil-pastels

I was googling around, looking for info about oil pastels here and there, and found some of what I assume are your posts from WetCanvas. Sorry I didn't know you there. I was primarily hanging out in the Hunts and before that in Acrylics - I stuck to acrylics for a long time before I started experimenting with other media. Anyway, it was fun to find your posts.

Not a problem! I didn't venture much out of that OP forum over there. I was doing the same thing as you when I first started exploring oil pastels - and seeing how little info is actually out there. Maybe it's gotten better since then.

Thanks for that link to your blog!

Back