Scavenger Hunt #91: Nov 10 - Nov 18

Ai, nice feel to this painting! Looks like a lot of work for the tugboat!!

Thanks Joan, say hi to Bonnie. We have a few Canadian friends and I completely forgot about Thanksgiving this year. Maybe it was just too hot. I'll use that for a reason! Clever on the mechanical and non. Useful, too. Nice job on the chair. Hard with the spokes on the wheels, etc. I thought the peppers were a watercolor. Great job on them.

Ai, great to see your barges, love the red tugboat. Nice you found time while you are at a homestay.

I went sketching at KohKred, the old small island of Chaopraya River. They were famous for old Thai art and craft life. The tiny island suffers similar high-tide flood water, just like Venice.
#4 hard -- a retired kiln
20231118_102549.jpg

20231118_102831.jpg

#5 fennel -- the shape of KohKred famous pagoda over Chaopraya river.

20231118_152428.jpg

20231118_123428.jpg

Ai, good rendering on the kiln and funnel. Thanks for taking us along to learn about your country. Beautiful memories to see.

Joe1 - Nice job on the squash.

Jo - nice pen work on hand and funnel. Love the pastel! You also handle markers well. The little bowl being good example.

Pine Cone - take a peek in Water Media forum. I have been posting watercolors there since nit from Hunt. Just posted Misty Forest exercise Water Media.

Joan - The gourds composition is excellent! Blueberry pie looks ready to eat. Are those pink pointsettas? Pretty. Awesome digitals! Both sharpeners and wheelchair are great. The peppers are terrific!

Ai - Nice work on the tug and barges. Love how you did the stonework on the kiln. Both technique and colors! Love touring Thailand with you. Pagoda looks peaceful place to stop.

Trying to settle on a palette. I have been using Kivrin’s palette but need one that is more me. Tried looking at different artists palette online including Handprint which is an amazingly informative site. Main thing I have figured out is most artists start with a warm and a cool version if each primary and then add to that. But have yet to find 2 artists that agree on which colors to use for the primaries. LOL

Keep sketching
Fletch

Back