Scavenger Hunt #91: Nov 10 - Nov 18

Thanks, Joan and Fletch. I've overworked the pastel I am working on so stepping back for a minute.

After many busy days with works and the girls' school meetings, today I went out to sketch...

#1 ordinary view in Bangkok, Thailand...the view of our Giant Buddha over a canal and a Thai long-tail boat ...a directwatercolor and with some ink over afterward

20231115_085141.jpg

20231115_085158.jpg

#2 zesty -- a festive decor front of our shopping mall ...they hang some giant Japanese style rice paper lanterns ...directwatercolor then ink afterward

20231115_110858.jpg

20231115_111522.jpg

#3 kimono -- my lucky day, as our local mall hosts a Japanese festival (aka Momiji Matsuri -- Fall season celebration), the event host was in a kimono ...directwatercolor first, then ink afterward

20231115_115213.jpg

20231115_114407.jpg

Last edited:
Ai, wow, what a return to sketching. Your scene with the Buddha is beautiful. Your "zesty" store is clever and so interesting. And.... you found a Kimono. I was hoping you might. Thank you so much for the beautiful sketches and photos.

Joe1, Jo, and Joan: Beautiful works in both analog and digital forms.

Jo: Thanks so much.

All: Hello.

Ai - Absolutely love the “ordinary view” of Buddha and the boat. Store view would hav3 overwhelmed me LOL. Cool you found a kimono.

Still working watercolor lessons but my heart is here with Hunt friends.

Keep sketching
Fletch

Thanks so much Fletch for stopping by... Hope you have fun with both wc lessons and our Hunt.

joe1lt, nice pumpkin/squash. Well done on the shape and hatching. In New Mexico we would cook that up with some corn and green chile. Yummmm.

Sketched last night at my desk in the BookFactory sketchbook and today I played in the dust.
Number 4 funnel - small one w/challenge of on my hand. Ohuhu .2
Number 5 apple - pastel on reused Pastelbord 5 x 7 inches, there were also apples on it before. Ha.

csshfl91funnel.jpg

csshfl91apple.jpg

csapplesetup.jpg

Fletch, thanks for your kind words, especially about the digital sketch. I'm trying to use Procreate and learn it.

Jo, stepping back helps sometimes. I like your tiny funnel and the balanced apples in the glass...be careful the one on top doesn't fall.

Ai, I smiled when you said the boat scene was "ordinary." Well, maybe to you, but it is so enchanting to me. Great job on that and on the one with all all the lanterns. They are both so colorful. How great that you found a kimono to sketch!!

Joe 1, nice shape to your squash/pumpkin and thanks for your comment.

Pine Cone, hi!

7 - sub for apple (pumpkin & gourds) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4009.jpeg

8 - quarter (a piece of pie smaller than a quarter) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4006.jpeg

9 - ordinary holiday flower (I was in a greenhouse filled with them) - watercolors and ink

IMG_4004.jpeg

Joan: Thanks so much. Gorgeous works, the poisettia, the quater, and the medley pumpkins.

Jo: Fantastic on the double deck glowing vivid apples in pastel... and a view of your workspace....Yummy.

Joe1: Nice try on the pumpkin.

PineCone, Joe1, Fletch: Hello and Thanks.

Joan, wow, love the pumpkins. The pie looks like blueberry and delicious. The quick poinsettia is just lovely with shadows and all.

Our son and daughter-in-law come tomorrow for a week or so. Looking forward to that.... Thinking of Thanksgiving and realize I missed saying Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians way back in October. Haven't seen EP here lately to wish her well. We always celebrated both Thanksgivings when we were in Bolivia as our neighbor priests were from Canada.

Thanks, Joan, Pine Cone, Jo,Ai.
Jo, Joan, wonderful job.
Jo ,the pumpkin recipe you make in New Mexico looks very good, I really like peppers.
and I also like corn even if I eat it less often, sometimes my mother boiled the ears of corn,
Sometimes I eat canned corn with tomato salad.
instead peppers in my region, in Calabria peppers are often eaten, a recipe that I like to eat is peppers and potatoes.

Thanks, Joan, Pine Cone, Jo,Ai.
Jo, Joan, wonderful job.
Jo ,the pumpkin recipe you make in New Mexico looks very good, I really like peppers.
and I also like corn even if I eat it less often, sometimes my mother boiled the ears of corn,
Sometimes I eat canned corn with tomato salad.
instead peppers in my region, in Calabria peppers are often eaten, a recipe that I like to eat is peppers and potatoes.
Joe, I like the idea of corn and tomato salad. Also peppers and potatoes, we eat the chile with fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast.

Number 6 indigo - almost indigo or part of the color. A small ceramic bowl. With Zig and Piochoo pens.
csshfl91indigo.jpg

Last edited:
Ai, thanks for the comments!:)

Jo, thanks. The pie was blueberry...but store-bought and not very good. I did a larger painting of the poinsettia but like usual I like the small, quick sketch better. lol Enjoy the visit with your son and daughter-in-law. I did remember Canadian Thanksgiving but on FB, not here. My nephew's wife (they now live in Korea) is Canadian and I keep in touch with her and her parents as well as Bonnie McBride on FB. Seems I know quite a few Canadians. The internet has really helped make our world a little smaller so we can connect a bit easier.
Another good bowl!

Joe 1, thanks. You just reminded me I bought 3 different color peppers. I should sketch them now while I think of it. One vegetable I never saw anywhere in Italy was corn. I guess they use a lot of it for polenta, but I never saw it in any of the markets. I was away for the end of corn season here on the east coast and I missed having corn on the cob to end the season.
10 - electric pencil sharpener - Procreate
11 - non-mechanical sharpener

IMG_0091.jpeg

12 - chair - Procreate

IMG_0092.jpeg

Back