Scavenger Hunt #18 - March 27 x April 4

Robin Gillis

Greetings artist friends.

Please excuse , I don’t know how to copy the introduction and guidelines. So, if you need to read it please refer to Hunt #17. Thanks for your patience

Here is the new list of 26 items. I hope you get to sketch as many of them as you like. Comments on others contributions are no required, and we really love to see everyone effort, whatever level. Just glad you made it here.

March 27 - April 4

1. Product label
2. Playing card back
3. Playing card face
4. Subliminal face ( like on a pair of pliers or on a piece of bark or who knows where you see one, maybe on the tile by the toilet?...on the back of a moth ?
5. Woodgrain
6. Pertaining to air
7. Pertaining to earth
8. Pertaining to sound
9. Pertaining to smell
10. Pertaining to touch
11. Pertaining to taste
12. 3 sizes of something
13. Ball of something
14. Under the sink
15. Free space- your pleasure
16. Pile of pillows
17. 3 things placed in a reseeding line that “appear“ to be touching
18. A grouping system ( examples - paper lip, file box, scotch tape, etc)
19. Another grouping system
20. & 21. &23. —- One article from 3 different angles
24. Feet touching
25. Makes a sound that you hear everyday
26. A coin - challenge from a country other than your own

okay...... LET’S. DO THIS. !!!!

#1 Coins -- from other countries: Singapore, and Euro... .. sketches are in about 5x5 inch area in an A4 sketchbook
#2-#4 -- Three views of a silver gravy server, a dear late American friend gave me ... done by 2B pencil
#5 Pertaining to air -- a dreamcatcher, my Thai FB artist friend handmade this for me as a gift, I always feel fortunate to receive it.... done by cp

h18_coin.jpg

h18_3Views-SilverGravyServer.jpg

h18_PertainingToAir.jpg

Last edited:
Robin, thanks for the new list.

Ai, great job on the coins! I will have to go dig out some of mine. Nice lines to the gravy server. The dream catcher is my favorite! What a nice gift.

EP, love the colorful tarot card faces. You could probably design your own. Love how colorful these are.

Interesting list, Robin! Looks fun!

Ai, those are fascinating coins! I like your silver server sketches too. Your dream catcher is just wonderful! I've seen many of these and you captured it so well. :)

Eyepaint, your cards are awesome!! Really nicely sketched out, and so colorful. Love these!

Thanks so much Terri, and Joan for kind comments.

EP: Fantastic playing cards sketches. So colorful.

Robin - Thanks for the new list.

Ai - Nice selection of coins, and great "Dream Catcher". And well done, on the fronts and backs of those Tarot cards - youve made a wonderful job of them!

#6 Three things lined up in reseeding manner -- my macaroon shape erasers .... ink
#7 Three sizes of food cans
#8 Feet touching

h18_3thingsLinedUp-feetTouching-3sizeCans.jpg

Last edited:
Robin - Thanks for the new list.

Ai - Nice selection of coins, and great "Dream Catcher". And well done, on the fronts and backs of those Tarot cards - youve made a wonderful job of them!
Can a Moderator delete this duplicate post of mine please? Dont know what has happened but this keeps coming up and I cant delete it! Thank you.

#11 Pertaining to taste -- Himalayan pink salt... done with markers & pen
#12-#13 -- Two grouping systems -- i) my pocket folder ii) my variety of plastic clips

h18_PertainingToTaste.jpg

h18_TwoGroupingSystems.jpg

Last edited:
Ai, good job on the receding items and your pretty playing card sides. Yum to the Himalayan salt!

Funny story about this sketch. I have a concertina sketchbook that I'm filling with sketches from the north fork of Long Island. I stopped to do this one, sketched it out, and started filling in the black with a brush pen. After I filled in the arrow shape I realized I had filled it with black ink and it should be red. It is an iconic sign out there and was done on the back of another sketch so I had to keep it. When I got home I tried covering the black ink with red gouache (didn't do much) and then liquid acrylic inks. Luckily that helped. lol Sometimes my observation skills seem to be asleep. I love that even though the restaurant is closed for the season they use their sign to post something pertaining to the world situation.

1- pertaining to taste - watercolors and ink
IMG_9781.jpeg

Joan: Thank you. Beautiful sign .... and lovely memoir of you trying to making art with the wrong color ink at the start but still end with the beautiful sketch despite the detour...

#14 Pertaining to touch ...my hand.

h18_PertainingToTouch.jpg

Joan - beautiful sign, and I like the Peace sign too!
Ai - Nice hand sketch.

Ai, great coins, multiple views of gravy server and wind catcher. Great idea for wind.

Ep, love your colorful tarot cards.

Ai, nice set of three, receding order and feet. I like your playing card. What a beautiful pattern. Good choice for flavor and grouping systems. Good job on your hand. I always find them challenging to draw.

Joan, I like your story about the snack bar. Good save.

Vivien, your tomatoes look yummy. They just glow. I want to eat them!

1 Label
2 Wood grain (my table top)
3 Card back
4 Card front

All done in micron pen for line and inktense for color.

20220327Sk6 SH18#1-4.png

Thanks for hosting RobinSusan.

Back