Scavenger Hunt #10 Jan 21 - Jan 29

Joan, oh so clever for old! I like your bunch of give away books. Fun noise blocker. Made me chuckle.

Ai, the jasmine is so beautiful. It must smell divine.

Joe, always good to not have blurry vision. Makes it seem like squinting all the time. Only good for oil and landscape painting. Ha.

I sketched at the dining table in a Canson Watercolor sketchbook with a Sharpie pen and watercolors with the water brushes. Too lazy to get out real brushes and water. Sigh.
Number 1, something I plan to throw away, eventually - Christmas poinsettia. As I start to sketch I see new green leaves, so may not toss just yet.

csshfl10throw-away.jpg

Anne, I missed your toothbrush holder. Really nice and an interesting shape.

I had cataract surgery way back in the early 90s. It went very well. Still perfect. Good luck to those in need.

Joan - Another lovely set of sketches - absolutely love the books on the chair! Great tone and texture, and the chaos of the pile of books looks very familiar (I never manage to give books away, they're always piled everywhere!).

Ai - Beautiful sketch of the Jasmine branch - love the result on the toned paper.

ams - Great shapes and tone in your toothbrush holder sketch, sharp drawing and soft shading is a brilliant combination.

Jo - Wonderful work on the wilting poinsettia! I hope it lasts a while longer as it's a beautiful subject for you - fab reds.

Thank you all for your kind comments on my jasmine.

#2 in primaries -- my linen hat ... about 6x8 inch, done on brown paper sketchbook with cp, about 20 min.
h10_Primary.jpg

Joan: Outstanding entrance, looking in, old,.. wise choices for block noises and give away...

JO: Have a wonderful family time.... Beautiful poisetthia...Don't we wish it stays happy red with us forever.

Joe: Hello.

Triss: Love the red/magenta flower field vista. I wish to be there peeking at you making those energetic strokes. Your cuppas fill our day with delight.

Joe1: Super start of this Hunt.

Viv: Lovely delicate vine.

Anne: Wow... you did so many great ones... they all have the delicate light/shades... love the jewelry stuffs esp.

Anne - Love the shading on the toothbrush holder. 👍🏽

Jo - Looks like your plant is trying hard not to get thrown out 😎

Ai - Nicely done hat. You must have a collection as in pictures you are always wearing a hat.

Triss - I need that espresso about now. Just got up and need a kickstart.

JennieJo - Love your BABBA slogan!

To those who asked the eye doctor went well. Age has won out over the implants from cataract surgery (15 years ago] and I am back to wearing glasses. Well will be as soon as they are ready. Also doubling up on the eye drops. Thanks for asking.

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe: Thanks so much.

#3 food -- steamed young soy bean ... done 2 ways a) with only markers b) markers+black ink ...I was not sure of how to add ink here uhm :rolleyes:

h10_food_a.jpg

h10_food_b.jpg

#4 -5 a still life of "secondary" (green bok choy & carrot) on "from the kitchen" (blue plate) .. done by markers
h10_secondary_still-life-fromKitchen.jpg

I think the first one of the soybeans has more dimension/depth. To me the second looks flat. I see doubled up on secondary with both green and orange (which compliments the blue plate.)

Keep sketching
Joe

#6 gifted to me -- 2 folds..as I sketched these life from LeftyLucy free posing via zoom (suggested by Joan), from New Orlenes, before starting mt work day in Thailand...another fold was I did one big sketch of 20 min (my first image) on my inherited/gifted giant Indian cotton fibre watercolor sketchbook from our late Hunt friend Kivrin. I did add some dabs of softpastel on it too.
20220126_090303.jpg

Below were smaller wc sketches done in 8x10 inch wc booklet.
20220126_081610.jpg
20220126_090412.jpg
20220126_081658.jpg

#6 gifted to me -- 2 folds..as I sketched these life from LeftyLucy free posing via zoom (suggested by Joan), from New Orlenes, before starting mt work day in Thailand...another fold was I did one big sketch of 20 min (my first image) on my inherited/gifted giant Indian cotton fibre watercolor sketchbook from our late Hunt friend Kivrin. I did add some dabs of softpastel on it too.
View attachment 18032
Below were smaller wc sketches done in 8x10 inch wc booklet.
View attachment 18033View attachment 18034View attachment 18035
Ai - Fun studies and 2 great gifts!

Joe

Ai - Really enjoying your marker shading (like Joe, I prefer the first version of the soy beans) - fun energy in the lines. Beautiful sketches from your life drawing. The watercolour sketches are so expressive and full of life, and I love the first sketch with it's magnificent mixed media feel. I wonder if Joan sketched this session too?

Ai - Really enjoying your marker shading (like Joe, I prefer the first version of the soy beans) - fun energy in the lines. Beautiful sketches from your life drawing. The watercolour sketches are so expressive and full of life, and I love the first sketch with it's magnificent mixed media feel. I wonder if Joan sketched this session too?
Thanks Triss, Yes, Joan was in the same session too. ... It was fun. It usually schedule on 7EST USA on Tue night. I wonder if this time is OK with you in the UK or not.

Jo, thank you. Glad to see you were strong enough to hold on to your poinsettia plant. I couldn't look at mine and keep collecting the fallen leaves any more. lol

Ai, I love the sketches of the soy beans...so richly colored and shaped. I was so happy to see you joined us sketching Lefty Lucy last night. How great that you used paper that was gifted from Kivrin. That is the good thing about art supplies...they don't go to waste. You did a lot of good sketches last night (your early morning) and I'm glad you had fun.

Triss, yes, I was sketching Lefty Lucy too. She keeps us quite entertained. Ai was an early bird sketching before she went to work.

7 - from my bathroom - sketch & wash pencil
IMG_9457.jpeg

8 - something I collect (glass pieces) - watercolors

IMG_9458.jpeg
IMG_9458.jpeg

9- something I find relaxing (sketching) - watercolors and ink from Lefty Lucy's session last night
IMG_9451.jpeg

Ai - It would be so much fun to sketch together, but I think 7pmEST is midnight here in the UK.

Joan - I love that beautiful glass ornament - such wonderful colours and so much flow, just gorgeous! And it's great to see your sketch from the same session as Ai - very interesting, and so different. Very elegant lines, and such rich colour - brilliant work on the hair, too.

#4 - Entrance. Not that you can tell, but there are some doorways in there somewhere. Early morning street sketch in town. I'd really like to do some town scenes - but I feel a bit too conspicuous, so I tried this before anyone else was around. Another one for the awful/interesting pile. Posca pens, oil pastel, A2.
streetcs.jpg

Joan - You captured the highlights and smooth texture beautifully. The glass fish is cool my brother had one something like that. It was clear glass about 10in high and seem to capture light from everywhere. Really cool that Ai and you got to paint together while 1/2 a world apart! 👍🏽

Triss - The street seen is interesting. From colors I had assumed it wa# an evening sketch until I read your post. May not see building entrances but definitely see the entrance to the van.😁

Keep sketching
Joe

Joan, Triss, amazing works

2 Something from your kitchen
3 Something seasonal

on orange I was undecided about shading, if I had to try texture, but I don't know how to do it, maybe with circles, then I tried as usual with lines, with doubts about length and direction.
Arancia.jpg

Back