Scavenger Hunt #10 Jan 21 - Jan 29

Joe1 - great associations! And even better Warrior sketch!

Robin - Nice sketches. Wow 3 finds in bathroom!

Anne - I was impressed with Robin finding 3 items in the bathroom then saw you found 6 in your jewelry box! Great start.

Thanks to Joan and Joe for the wishes.

Keep sketching
Joe

Reactions: ams
Joe, thanks for the new list.

Jeanie Jo, great sketch of that unusual brush holder. Looks like a fun way to hold them.

Joe 1, nice association and sketch!

Robin - Nice colorful pattern in the bathroom. Are there essential oils in the diffuser?

Anne, you have quite a jewelry collection there. Nice shading on them.

1 - looking in - watercolors and ink on toned gray paper (They sell girl's fancy dresses for communions and weddings, etc.)

IMG_9422.jpeg

2 - makes noise (breaking waves) - watercolors and ink

IMG_9424.jpeg

3 - entrance - watercolors and ink
IMG_9425.jpeg

Joan, love your looking in, waves and entrance. All beautifully done.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Robin - Great bathroom sketches!
Anne - Lovely jewellery!
Joan - Beautiful watercolors! I could just see little girls looking in the window wistfully hoping for one of the dresses!

Last edited:
JennieJo - Love all the interest you've captured in your old brush holder, and beautiful flowing lines.

Joe1 - Great choice for the subject, and terrific energy in the sketch - really like the pencil colour, too!

Robin - Love the colour and pen shading in your sketches - fab way to draw the tiles and old wallpaper.

ams - Charming page of items! Delicate drawing and beautiful shading (and I love the jewellery, particularly the rose pin).

Joan - Wonderful sketches! The ink & watercolour on toned paper has a beautiful look, and your painting of the dresses is perfect. Love the crashing waves and the beautiful colours in the sea, and great drawing on the house sketch.

Vivien - Clever choice for old and new. Lovely shapes and patterns to the vine and flowers.

#1/#2 - Something from the kitchen - gesso & espresso/ something to throw away - particularly useless foam brushes. Quick scribble this morning, acrylic/pastel, A2.

#3 - Something in a primary colour - very magenta landscape. Sketch from yesterday. Couldn't decide whether this one was interesting or awful, but thought I'd post it anyway. Acrylic & pastel, A2.
kitchen.jpg

landscapepink.jpg

Boy, go away for a moment......

JennieJo, Fantastic start, love the idea. I use a couple of my cups.

joe1lt, ah, love the martial arts guy. Powerfully drawn.

Joe, Happy Birthday!!

Robin, so happy to see you sketching here. Love your diffuser and primary color floor tiles.

Anne, mmmm, such a lovely collection. The rose pin is beautiful. Nice memory of your mom.

Joan, Clever looking in, adorable. The waves are loud! and well done. Love the entrance sketch with homey details.

Vivien, such nice flowers. Love your variety of greens.

Triss, you do such exciting sketches. Love the mug, of course. The landscape makes me happy with the bright colors.

Hope to sketch tomorrow. Yesterday was trip to Austin, visit daughter and son-in-law. Today was cooking and daughter visit. Nice couple of days.

Triss, Jo , thank you very much, glad you like it,
Triss, different jobs but I find them both exceptional. Striking, beautiful.

Joe, thanks for a fun list - and Happy (belated) Birthday

Jenny. great sketch of the brush holder, lovely flowing shape

Joe1, good association and I like the choice of colour, great drawing

Robin, you're off to a great start, really like your mark making in the bathroom sketch

Anne, thanks for the trip through your jewellery box, lovely graphite work. My favourite piece is the rose pin, especially the shadows

Joan, super sketches again. So much detail in the shop and house sketches but my favourite has to be the breaking waves - I can hear them crashing on the beach from here,.

Vivien, lovely delicate work on the Nasturtiums, it will be a wee while yet before we get any flowering in our garden

Triss, I don't get on with those sponge brushes either. Not awful, def interesting - I like the juxtoposition of the shapes and colours. The field sketch is so vibrant - certainly not a dreich day there

in loading and updating the page, I had missed the comments and drawings of Joe, Joan, and Vivien,
excuse me,
Joe, I'm glad you liked the draw and the association,
Joan, thank you, all three of your paintings are wonderful, I can't choose a favorite, between waves, the window and the entrance.
Sue, thanks very much,
Vivien, wonderful work. and beautiful image for these words

Thanks so much for the comments! I'm glad I can find some interesting things to sketch.

Vivien, I like that you found a way to do the old and new in the same sketch of the flowers.

Triss, your gesso and expresso made me smile! Wowza colors in that landscape...so different.

Jo, it sounds like you had a nice few days. Good to grab them when you can.

4 - something old - watercolors and ink

IMG_9428.jpeg

One of the charities periodically does pickups of donations. We have been going through some books to donate.
5 - plan to give away - sketch & wash pencil and ink

IMG_9435.jpeg

6 - blocks noise - ink
IMG_9437.jpeg

Gorgeous sketches everyone... Now I am getting busy with works ... so I might not be able to comment much, but I do enjoy of all sketches posted.

#1 Will have to throw away eventually -- Tone trimmed some branches of Jasmine off. I rescue one of them in my watercolor bucket, it continue to bloom in my studio...I will have to throw it away soon ... done by ink and cp in a brown paper 9x 11 inch sketchbook

h10_WillHaveToDiscardLater_a.jpg

h10_WillHaveToDiscardLater_b.jpg

Joan - the little dress shop is great. Love the reflections in the glass. Actually all 3 are great. Saved the waves to study. The church and books are well done but ‘blocks noise’ cracked me up. Well done!

Vivien - Nicely done Nasturtium. Clever finding old and new in vine and bud!

Triss - Gesso and expresso is interesting combo. Agree on foam brushes. Have yet to find a function. Friend gave me about a dozen. Landscape is eye catching for sure.

Ai - No need to always comment but keep sharing your art. Find it fascinating how delicate the jasmine blossoms are when drawn in pen. You would think a pen line would be hard but you managed to make the look delicate.

Off to eye doctor, hopefully correct the blurry vision.

Keep sketching
Joe

Vivien, love your nasturtiums. I like your "old" and "new."

Triss, nice items from the kitchen. Very imaginative way to do a primary color.

Joan, nice work on the church, books, and your noise blocker. It's always available!

Ai, very nice plant. I like the ink & colored pencil on toned paper.

Thanks everyone for you comments.

Here's my #8, toothbrush holder from the bathroom.

20220124Sk6 Toothbrush Holder (SH10#8).png

Ai, lovely sketch of the jasmine branch. Sorry you will have to get rid of it soon.

Joe, thanks so much. I'm glad my one sketch gave you a chuckle. Hope they can clear up your blurry vision. I am having cataract surgery in a week...hope that clears up my vision problems.

Crikey, eye problems galore :eek: Joe. hope things went well for you today and Joan wishing you well likewise for next week. I have a pre-op cataract appointment next week but no date yet for the surgery although it should be fairly soon after this appt.

Joan, love the church and book sketches but, like Joe, I laughed out loud when I saw the 'blocks noise' -brilliant 😃😃😃

Ai, what a lovely sketch. enjoy the beauty until it has to be thrown out

Anne, great toothbrush holder drawing

Ai - Lovely Jasmine sketch, the flowers are so delicate.
Anne - like your Toothbrush Holder! Nice sketch, lovely shadow work.

To all who are having Cataract Surgery - Ive had cataract surgery on both my eyes, the first 2 years ago and the right eye, last year. I had the first eye done with a general anasthetic and last year, I had a local anasthetic for my right eye. I much preferred the local, as it was interesting, as the Dr explained what he was doing the whole time he was operating - fascinating! And of course I had no after effects from the anasthetic after having a Local. I hope that info is of some benefit to all who are intending to have cataract surgry.

Anne, thanks. I like your toothbrush holder. Looks like one I had for a while. I'm looking for a new one but haven't found one that I really like. The one I have right now is a pretty turquoise, but the color is peeling off so I need to replace it. I can't find anything with color. lol

Sue, thanks so much. I hope your appointment is scheduled for soon. I hate waiting!

Vivien, thanks for the info about your surgery. I'm not quite sure what kind of analgesia they are using. She said it will put me in sort of a twilight state, sort of like a colonoscopy. I remember nothing from that. I think it would be interesting to hear what is being done.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Joan, this toothbrush holder isn't colorful either, it's white. I got it many years ago but I remember hunting for a while to find one I liked.

Good luck to all of you with your upcoming cataract surgery. Hope it helps. A few years ago a woman in my art class had it done and she said it was great to be able to see all of her colors so vividly again.

Back