Sailing The South Seas

Trier

Supporting Member
This may be the first one I tried a partial 'eyes closed' start not too long ago.
Details on the Eyes Closed thead.

14 x 18 ins acrylic/paper
P1000571SailingInSouthSeas.JPG

I resized the image by moving the blue corner as was suggested by one of the gurus here.
I don't know what that means re pixel count or whatever, so I hope it comes out okay.

Here is an attempt to show it in the other three orientations.
Nope, didn't work.
Another way . . .
P1000571SailingInSouthSeasO1.JPG
P1000571SailingInSouthSeasO2.JPG
P1000571SailingInSouthSeasO3.JPG

Boy, that was tricky! I hope I can remember how to do it again.

C&C of course

Attachments

• P1000571SailingInSouthSeas.JPG
    P1000571SailingInSouthSeas.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
I like this one. The 3 different orientations work well together as a grouping, though I realize that you would not likely be able to duplicate it.

I like this one. The 3 different orientations work well together as a grouping, though I realize that you would not likely be able to duplicate it.
Thanks, Sno.

Wow, that is a keen observation . , I see what you mean and totally agree. I think of it now as a tryptiche.
I did not really look at the grouping when I posted due to all the other problems I was having just to get them assembled and sized etc. etc.

Looking at the grouping now, I think it is the orange at the common center that does it for me. I would love to be able to duplicate it and I probably won't be able to rest until I try, even though I know it is beyond my reach.
(Like I don't have enough other things to do.)

Thanks again

I would love to be able to duplicate it and I probably won't be able to rest until I try, even though I know it is beyond my reach.
(Like I don't have enough other things to do.)

Thanks again
You'll never know any younger. ;) :giggle:

I love the colors, and the composition. How did you get such an amazing composition with your eyes closed?!

This is great and I love the 3 - would make a great tryptich if you can do another couple🙂

I love the colors, and the composition. How did you get such an amazing composition with your eyes closed?!
Thanks Arty
As I tried to explain in this and the 'closed eye' thread, this was done in sort of stages,with big sweepers first, eyes closed, then I looked and picked out the sails and hull of the boat, and then closed eyes and restricted smaller pencil marks to the water area mainly.
Then I looked a coulple of times to see what was happening as I was going along; then opened eyes and focused and connected shapes by adding lines and reinforceing others.
I think I had the support flat most of the time, especially for the small stuff at the end, and the same orientation throughout.

I am going to add this to the eyeclosed thread.

I really like this Trier, and I also think that it can be viewed at different view points to create some interesting paintings. :)
Thank you and Welcome Eileansky.
I hope you find this site to be as nice as I do.

I am still studying on how to develop something further with the painting , but it is slow going.

Ok....I started a piece and definitely saw dancers but now what? Help? Where to go from here? Fun method.
D974C231-F33C-4027-AEC2-9A61BFDB0B0C.jpeg

This may be the first one I tried a partial 'eyes closed' start not too long ago.
Details on the Eyes Closed thead.

14 x 18 ins acrylic/paper
View attachment 2782
I resized the image by moving the blue corner as was suggested by one of the gurus here.
I don't know what that means re pixel count or whatever, so I hope it comes out okay.

Here is an attempt to show it in the other three orientations.
Nope, didn't work.
Another way . . .
View attachment 2784 View attachment 2785 View attachment 2786
Boy, that was tricky! I hope I can remember how to do it again.

C&C of course
Its turned out really well, I think I will try to have a go tomorrow at this.

Looking good PSA3475!

I see two ways to go with it, besides just leaving as is.

1. erase all but a few to frame the dancers, or make the remaining marks faint but pastel colored . . .

2. Make it look like a dance during a big celebration by turning a lot of the marks into vivid streamers like crepe paper rolls at a high school dance and use the circular marks around the edeges to really frame it like it was a gold or black or whatever, wide, linked sausage frame. 'Dancing in Brotzville'

3. Spill something on it and call it 'Dancing In The Rain'

4. Don't listen to me . .(best choice)

PSA, That is great! Love the dancers. I could have never found them in there. :giggle:

I decided I really liked trier’s suggestion about dancing in the rain. I also noticed ocean waves at the bottom....so they are dancing in the ocean in the rain. 🙂. Too much?
F445250D-1A13-4C72-BD25-4A94C6E35E48.jpeg

Back