Bindi the Great Dane

This is a bow wow! Excellent pen work and the appreciation you have for this dog shines through and past the surface, lovely!

Hello, Jenna. Its good to see you posting here. Your drawing of Bindi is gorgeous and of your usual high quality. I love it. Is Bindi your dog?🐾🐾

Hello, Jenna. Its good to see you posting here. Your drawing of Bindi is gorgeous and of your usual high quality. I love it. Is Bindi your dog?🐾🐾
Hello Penny! Thank you for the wonderful welcome. I'm so glad to see your work here too. Though I'd love to have a Great Dane of my own one day, Bindi is not my dog. She belongs to someone I follow at Instagram. I'd so admired the beautiful Bindi in the posts, and one photo spoke to me so much that I asked her owner if I could draw Bindi using that photo for a reference. I am glad to say I was given permission to do so and here she is. :)

Fantastic! Thanks for the up close shots, it's cool to see how stippling can work in a larger image like this. I'm generally not a fan of that shading technique on smaller pieces, but it really allows the hair especially on the borders to appear more realistic. I have only dabbled in drawing animals, but figuring out how to do fur / hair has been a challenge.

Fantastic! Thanks for the up close shots, it's cool to see how stippling can work in a larger image like this. I'm generally not a fan of that shading technique on smaller pieces, but it really allows the hair especially on the borders to appear more realistic. I have only dabbled in drawing animals, but figuring out how to do fur / hair has been a challenge.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the close-up images showing the detail. I can see what you mean...smaller pieces do risk losing some clarity and detail with stippling (my pet portraits are often 5x7 by the request of my clients...I always wish they'd spring for larger sizes, because I think it can make a drawing much more detailed and realistic). Fur and hair is a challenge in any medium, it seems like. I'm sure you're doing great!

Back