Post those pet pics!!

Here's my Bengal cat in her watch tower in the garden. It's late autumn b/c there are no leaves in the trees:

_00_20210412_152224RZcr.jpg

Pitiful deflated puppy plucked from a blind rise on busy Hwy 191 near Chinle, AZ, October 04, 2022. He stumbled onto the road, dried mud in his fur and those hellish burrs stuck between his rough little footpads. I stopped traffic while my betrothed got him into the car (he couldn't run or put up much of a fight). We cleaned him up as best we could while he took a little hydration from some crushed ice and then he crashed hard as seen below:
1004221745.jpg

This story does have a very happy ending, as now Chinle (rhymes with thinly) is a lean, long-legged, healthy boy who is enthusiastically shredding a cardboard box as I type this :) I'll try to get an updated photo, but he appears to be a New Zealand Heading Dog, and greatly resembles the dog in the pic at this Wikipedia entry. We now have two roadway rescues and consider them both to be great blessings from ______ (insert your preferred PTB here). My betrothed thinks that Chinle is some kind of angel dog who found us more than we found him.

Last edited:
Pitiful deflated puppy plucked from a blind rise on busy Hwy 191 near Chinle, AZ, October 04, 2022. He stumbled onto the road, dried mud in his fur and those hellish burrs stuck between his rough little footpads. I stopped traffic while my betrothed got him into the car (he couldn't run or put up much of a fight). We cleaned him up as best we could while he took a little hydration from some crushed ice and then he crashed hard as seen below:
View attachment 28645
This story does have a very happy ending, as now Chinle (rhymes with thinly) is a lean, long-legged, healthy boy who is enthusiastically shredding a cardboard box as I type this :) I'll try to get an updated photo, but he appears to be a New Zealand Heading Dog, and greatly resembles the dog in the pic at this Wikipedia entry. We now have two roadway rescues and consider them both to be great blessings from ______ (insert your preferred PTB here). My betrothed thinks that Chinle is some kind of angel dog who found us more than we found him.
What a great story - a rescue and now a forever home. ❤️ You and your betrothed are as lucky as Chinle!

I've considered all my rescue critters as gifts from the Universe. And I take 'em without question. :)

The rescue reminded me of this. "Maybe tomorrow," started playing in my head, coming out of the decades.

My new dog 'Mungo'
Cheers,
Patricia

View attachment 28669

Lovely Mungo. I do love the chocolate Labrador.

I taut I taut I saw a pussy cat.

20230225_052423.jpg
Apologies for the quality of the shot. The fishes are Blue Emperor tetras. They are as curious. "Hey, Ralph! Marvin! Check this out."

Congratulations Patricia, on Mungo! He looks like a smart boy! Unless he's she? Either way, labs are loyal, cuddly, and very intelligent. Have fun playing ball!

What a great story - a rescue and now a forever home. ❤️ You and your betrothed are as lucky as Chinle!

I've considered all my rescue critters as gifts from the Universe. And I take 'em without question. :)
What a heart warming story, Terri. Bless you both for taking in these abandoned dogs.

I lost my dear Indy just before Christmas and was having trouble finding a new companion, when, out of the blue, I heard about Benny and he has been with me for nearly a month. It was only by chance that a friend of a friend asked after me and was told that I was “dog-less” and very unhappy, and the friend knew of the local rescue who had Benny.

He’s was rescued from the Streets of Spain by a small private rescue here in Wiltshire. I saw him on the website but was told he had been rehomed. Unfortunately for him, but very fortunate for me, the silly woman returned him after a day! I had, a few years back, a little dog named Sweetie because of her sweet temperament and didn’t think I would ever find another dog like her, but Benny has a lovely temperament. He likes people and dogs and is such a good little boy. His favourite game is to chase his little blue tennis ball. I’ve taught him to sit and to shake a paw.

The first photo is when I brought him home from the rescue.

532F016A-EE3B-462C-A6DD-E7A238D55BFE.jpeg

8A81A6ED-FBF0-4DE4-A6CE-9B453EFB1F36.jpeg

2E65D1E3-CAF6-4CCD-B5C9-13AF07460B09.jpeg

97591626-85A6-49EF-BD7C-ABF5CC817ADA.jpeg

Last edited:
Awww! I love him! That face! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Sorry for your loss of Indy. It's so hard to fill that void. I certainly know.

Schuee, what a pup! So cute, good for you both.
laika, he looks like a runner. I bet he'd be great for both canicross and bikejoring!

Back