No Title Landscape...

Artyczar

I actually posted this here back in April, but it got zero replies so I deleted it. I was embarrassed! I'm going to be brave and try again now that there are more people here.

It's just called "Landscape Study 1" because I couldn't come up with anything. It's a small 6 x 9 inch watercolor and colored pencil on Arches.

landscape-study-1detail.jpg

I wasn't here back then. It is lovely. Title that came to my mind when I first saw it is "Dancing Landscape". To me it has a feeling of movement.

I actually posted this here back in April, but it got zero replies so I deleted it. I was embarrassed! I'm going to be brave and try again now that there are more people here.

It's just called "Landscape Study 1" because I couldn't come up with anything. It's a small 6 x 9 inch watercolor and colored pencil on Arches.

View attachment 11648
Hi, really like the foreground. The landscape is deceptivly simple, works well, sky is interesting and balance the foregound movement

Glad you decided to post it again. It reminds of a book illustration. It stirs the imagination and makes me wonder what I would find if I could wander in those hills.

This is beautiful! I love your palette. The tiny little strokes do suggest movement and my mind turns to van Gogh, too. Wonderful landscape!

How did this get zero replies?! It's so beautiful! The marks that describe the vegetation and sky are so lively and they add so much to the overall feel.

View attachment 11648
This looks fabulous and I really like the palette you have used here. I like all the detailing throughout .... a nicely balanced composition.
Well done Artyczar. :)

Nothing to be embarassed about with this, it's delightful! Really like those foreground plants and those little marks in the sky.

Thank you to everyone! I am so glad I reposted this. I so appreciate how everyone commented and took the time to write their thoughts on this. Thank you so very much! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Arty, I think the tiny little plants on the front ground are interesting. You have a good dividition of front, middle and distant grounds. This kind of small landscapes are enjoyable to do, yours has a lot of air and distance.

I'm just back to admire this again and wondering how awesome it would look as a wall mural. Maybe a charcoal sofa underneath or maybe just admire it from across the room and imagine being part of it!

Thank you Donna! It would look nice with a charcoal colored furniture. You're right. :) It's very small. A sofa might overpower it. ;)

Back