May 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

Thanks Patricia. He is a Roseate Spoonbill. I didn't know what kind of bird it was either but my husband found it on the internet.
He's certainly well-named isn't he ! Roseate aptly describes the
beautiful rose-pink colour and his beak is certainly spoon-shaped ! :)
Cheers,
Patricia

Sorry for late coming, been very busy... :)
Acrylics in Yupo paper 46x35 cm
IMG_20220524_132805.jpg

Sorry is very difficult to take a good image of it... it reflects the light. So I took the pictures in the dark..
IMG_20220524_132841.jpg

I will come back to comment on the other inputs,
Enjoy :)

Federico, this is beautiful. I love how you captured the dramatic lighting and the sparkle in his eyes.

Patricia- Thank you very much for such amazing images, I will do more in a future when I have the chance to do them with proper results. Your horses in pastels are great, is actually the apropriate medium to make the dust/fog environment. I'm missing the dog in the second one...hahaha for water effects maybe is more difficult :)
Christel- Great choices, The horses were achieved very good, the dust is also perceived in it, well done for the illusion :)... Dog portraits are nice too, well proportioned and have very natural strokes. Try using retarder with the acrylics it makes them smooth and less chalky :)
Penny- Donkey looks great. I'm surprised how much you've developed your art...
Anne- The squirrel looks so cute... love the toning of the tree :), The bird is my favorite, toning in the feathers is really well achieved.
CaliAnn- Great Job, you used yupo which is quite difficult with handling, but great to enhace the tones of the colors and contrast. Wish I could see yours live because pics do change a lot color preception. You notice how it glows when you put the painting in low light conditions! Try it ;)
EyePaint- Beautiful and awesome sketches, is so relaxing to see, love the way you mark a spot to call the attention.
Joe- Great sketches too, Im not sure if yours are digital or not... squirrel and donkey look quite well proportioned. Horses are difficult, is like faces, we are programed to recognise details.
Vivien- Your WC is very nice... has a dotted texture from the paper that suits well the image.
Fede- is that purple?... Yes the dog is violet violet with brown gives a weird tone and looks realistic... who would say a purple dog does not exists :D

Thank you all for the very nice comments on my input... took me a lot of effort to deal with yupo, but resuslts show is worth it.

Federico, this is beautiful. I love how you captured the dramatic lighting and the sparkle in his eyes.
Thank you, I really had to repeat the eye section for at least 6 times until it looked ok. Great thing with yupo is you take a cotton bud with ethanol Alcohol and wipes the paint off as you had a digital image... problem is very slow to dry... :)

Reactions: ams
Anne
Lovely penguin.
I like his expression, he looks like he's listening intently to someone.
Very good work on the shadows 'grounding' his feet.
Cheers,
Patricia

Reactions: ams
Such wonderful photos to paint from!! Wish I had the time to participate. :(

Patricia- Thank you very much for such amazing images, I will do more in a future when I have the chance to do them with proper results. Your horses in pastels are great, is actually the apropriate medium to make the dust/fog environment. I'm missing the dog in the second one...hahaha for water effects maybe is more difficult :)
Christel- Great choices, The horses were achieved very good, the dust is also perceived in it, well done for the illusion :)... Dog portraits are nice too, well proportioned and have very natural strokes. Try using retarder with the acrylics it makes them smooth and less chalky :)
Penny- Donkey looks great. I'm surprised how much you've developed your art...
Anne- The squirrel looks so cute... love the toning of the tree :), The bird is my favorite, toning in the feathers is really well achieved.
CaliAnn- Great Job, you used yupo which is quite difficult with handling, but great to enhace the tones of the colors and contrast. Wish I could see yours live because pics do change a lot color preception. You notice how it glows when you put the painting in low light conditions! Try it ;)
EyePaint- Beautiful and awesome sketches, is so relaxing to see, love the way you mark a spot to call the attention.
Joe- Great sketches too, Im not sure if yours are digital or not... squirrel and donkey look quite well proportioned. Horses are difficult, is like faces, we are programed to recognise details.
Vivien- Your WC is very nice... has a dotted texture from the paper that suits well the image.
Fede- is that purple?... Yes the dog is violet violet with brown gives a weird tone and looks realistic... who would say a purple dog does not exists :D

Thank you all for the very nice comments on my input... took me a lot of effort to deal with yupo, but resuslts show is worth it.
Thank you very much, Federico. I’m pleased you can see progress.😎👍

I want everyone here to know that, while I never comment on the wildlife threads, I look at them all the time and am blown away at all the talent. Sometimes I just can't keep up with commenting on everything but wish I could, as this project is busier than most other threads. I am just floored at how prolific everyone is and how you all capture your love for these amazing animals. It inspires mine and I only wish I could produce the same. Just wanted to stop in and make this known. Keep up the excellent work! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Thank you, Artyczar. It’s nice to know you enjoy seeing the challenge entries, even if you can’t comment,

Back