May 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

Thanks everyone for your comments on my squirrel.

Joe1lt, your drawings are delightful. My favorites are the donkey, the squirrel and the dog.

Here's another one I was able to do. It's watercolor in my XL Mix Media sketchbook, about 5"x7".

Patricia - thank you
Vivien - I forgot to answer your question - I've been discouraged by all the news lately and I need to instead distract myself with my art. :) How are you?

Here's mine: watercolor & Inktense pencils.
20220522_155948.jpg

Vivien - Very nice work. I love his expression.
Cheers,
Patricia

I just realized that I forgot to include the image on an earlier post.

Here's another one I was able to do. It's watercolor in my XL Mix Media sketchbook, about 5"x7".

20220520Sk7 Roseate Spoonbill (CS).png

Patricia - yahoo running horses! And Yay running doggie :)
Christel - awwww horses. Awwww doggie with the great colours in his fur. Awww the (visla?) with his paws crossed.
Penny - aha the tall ears on the donkey!
Anne - what a smug little nut storer :)
CaliAnn - love the treatment on the hat and the tail on your little guy :)

Here's my contribution - three pages that are each 5x8". Ink and marker.

View attachment 21840

View attachment 21841

View attachment 21842

(I don't know why the images were cropped on the left and right vertical edges. Hmmm.)

Cheers,
Excellent work, E.P. I do enjoy seeing your work.

Christel Lovely drawings. It's very interesting seeing how you did the horses.
I love the expression on the Airedale's face.

Penny Very nice donkey. I like the way you've used both coloured pencils and watercolour.

Anne Beautiful squirrel. Very well done. I love his expression.

CaliAnn Lovely squirrel. I love the character you've given with the little hat and flowers !
I've heard that yupo is difficult to work on.

EP Great drawings . There they all are, looking out at us !

Joe1It Terrific drawings. I especially like the donkey and the horses.

Cheers,
Patricia
Thanks, Patricia.

I want everyone here to know that, while I never comment on the wildlife threads, I look at them all the time and am blown away at all the talent. Sometimes I just can't keep up with commenting on everything but wish I could, as this project is busier than most other threads. I am just floored at how prolific everyone is and how you all capture your love for these amazing animals. It inspires mine and I only wish I could produce the same. Just wanted to stop in and make this known. Keep up the excellent work! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

ams: I love those wings on the bird and its bill - very well done! I don't know what kind of bird he is though

Anne
Very nice spoonbill bird. He looks as if he's about to fly !
Cheers,
Patricia

Reactions: ams
Anne
Very nice spoonbill bird. He looks as if he's about to fly !
Cheers,
Patricia
Thanks Patricia. He is a Roseate Spoonbill. I didn't know what kind of bird it was either but my husband found it on the internet.

Back