March 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

pcj

From Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Welcome to the March 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge.

Our host this month is Vivien.

Please choose from the photo's provided, they are copyright free
Your artwork can be in any medium and any style.

You can see the full instructions here

The 'reveal day' is the 20th - please don't post your artwork until
then as we enjoy the anticipation. You can continue to post your artwork
[ and , if you wish, Work In Progress photo's] from the 20th
until the end of the month.

Have fun !

My Pippa.JPG

cat-6706393_960_720.jpg

bird-6955201_960_720.jpg

deer-1367217_960_720.jpg

elephant-6723451_960_720.jpg

fish-2921430_960_720.jpg

koala-4749060_960_720.jpg

nile-crocodile-245013_960_720.jpg

sea-2361247_960_720.jpg

dove-3613010_960_720.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo's Viv. Thank you very much for hosting :)
Cheers,
Patricia

What great photos! Not sure what to choose yet. The alligator was on my "gotta paint" list for a long time, but he's a no for now. hmmm what to paint, what to paint?:)

Thanks for posting them Patricia - the Website went crazy for me when i tried too! Could have been my Internet coverage.

What great photos! Not sure what to choose yet. The alligator was on my "gotta paint" list for a long time, but he's a no for now. hmmm what to paint, what to paint?:)
JSparrow - Glad you like them, looking foward to seeing what everyone chooses.

Joy - Thanks! It wasnt fun, no matter what I tried, the New Thread wouldnt post my photos, and of course I'd re-sized them too. And yet when i posted them in a Private Message to Patricia, using exactly the same system - they posted perfectly!

Nice images Viv. Seems you've had technical issues... :D nothing we can't overcome.... ;)

Great photos. It will be a hard choice since I see several I like.

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to seeing which refs you choose to paint/draw from!

Lovely photos Vivien. I've got mine picked out but it wasn't an easy choice. Maybe I'll have to do more than one!

How are we all doing with our March entries? Ive only begun to do mine - been struggling with an Acrylic Atelier Interactive, painting. This is approx the 4th time over the last 10 years, Ive tried using my Acrylic Interactive paints - everytime Ive never come to terms with using them. They arent like normal acrylics, they reactivate when a new paintbrush loaded with acrylic paint, is laid on over the top of them. Maybe one day I'll get on top of them. Anyone who has tips on them I'd be happy to learn them!

How are we all doing with our March entries? Ive only begun to do mine - been struggling with an Acrylic Atelier Interactive, painting. This is approx the 4th time over the last 10 years, Ive tried using my Acrylic Interactive paints - everytime Ive never come to terms with using them. They arent like normal acrylics, they reactivate when a new paintbrush loaded with acrylic paint, is laid on over the top of them. Maybe one day I'll get on top of them. Anyone who has tips on them I'd be happy to learn them!

I've started mine and have taken a couple of work-in-progress photo's . :)

Acrylic interactive paints sound interesting. I've never heard of them. Years ago,
I tried regular acrylics once but they kept drying too quickly.
I like time to ponder how the painting is coming along and to work on it while
still wet at times.

It sounds like the interactive acrylics could solve that problem.

Cheers,
Patricia

Good morning Animal & Wildlife people! It is Sunday 20th March here today in New Zealand, and we are in Autumn down here in the Southern Hemisphere. With Daylight Saving ending on the first week in April, so not looking forward to Winter coming very quickly!
Here's my entry for this month's Challenge. Ive sketched the elephant in my watercolor sketchbook in watercolor and pen. Somehow I have got him looking very friendly and happy! Dont know quite what happened there. Hopefully I'll get another painting finished later in the week. Looking forward to seeing all the entries.

20220318_134508.jpg

Back