last things and other things.

yesterday i was watching a cartoon ..,
I thought about drawing something, some figures photos but in a more cartoon way if I could, to help me while I was drawing I reused, reread the comic book before and looked at drawings, the cartoon

2021-09-17 01-36_pagina_1.jpg
2021-09-17 01-36_pagina_2.jpg

Artczar, Wayne, Hermes, thank you very much.

Hermes thank you very much for the video, seen now and I will come back several times those sketchbooks are wonderful, and the use is as organized, focused and beautiful as the draws, yes, it is useful to me, thanks.

I have a fountain pen for 4 years, Lamy Safari with ef (fine) tip and black ink, and I also bought the piece with which I refill it with black fountain pen ink. taken thinking about drawing, video makes you want to use it much more

I looked through this whole thread, all 59 pages. I loved all of it. So many different things and experiments. You have much natural talent for observation!

The Astérix and Disney studies are a very good thing to do, and toys from life like your Eeyore. I think studying cartoon characters is a great way to study form, construction and 3D. I have some toys I like to draw too. It will make your drawing so strong if you can break them down into their basic 3d shapes, cubes spheres cones and such, because you can take that learning and use it on real things like figures and still life.

I hope you post more soon!

drizzlewither, thank you very much for watching and for the very nice and encouraging words.
glad you liked them.
true for basic shapes and toys, I have to remember this and do it more, I use, I practice mostly spheres, sometimes I try the rest but less.

yesterday I drew these cartoons. , these schematic copies, online tutorials.
1.jpg
2 cani.jpg
2021-09-25 19-18.jpg

Joe, thank you very much, I had taken the first 2 on Friday, photos with others, yesterday.
last night then I drew two animals from photos. photo on W C.

I used a4 sheet, and a colored pencil, water fell while I was drinking on the sheet, standard a4 sheet photocopy,
were from photos, but also from drawing, it helped me a lot for these, to see drawings, drawings that I was seeing these days, drawings that I saw while drawing, beautiful drawings by a German artist I think I had happened to see the works online. (unfortunately they don't look so much like those drawings but mine helped me)

2021-09-26 19-07_pagina_1.jpg
2021-09-26 19-07_pagina_2.jpg
2021-09-26 19-07_pagina_3.jpg
2021-09-26 19-07_pagina_4.jpg

I really, REALLY like all the drawings on the last two pages Joe. I've not had much time to check all the forums because of spending what little time I have welcoming new members but I made a point this evening of looking at your work. Love it. ❤️❤️❤️

Nice attempts, for sure we all have it this way on the beginning. I am wondering what your drawing aims are? If you would like to go to figurative and expression or if you are aiming for realism? I suggest you search for Proko in youtube. He has a lot of free material that can guide you, so you can really step up in the direction you look for.

Thank you very much Artyczar and Fedetony,

Fedetony, the dream is to learn to draw, I like figurative drawing, and human and animal portraits, so I would like to be able to draw in the most realistic way possible (if I could do this, I think it would also be a way to understand that I am learning to be on the right track, and also because the beauty of Michelangelo's drawings is one of the things that made me passionate about drawing, art, many years ago), but I also love caricatures, cartoons, comics, but also other subjects I think.
as I see art maybe I like more and more genres, already the things mentioned I think make a bit of confusion, like, doubt whether to try to draw with simple shapes, or whether to try to do it with many more measures, but traditionally this is I find it much more difficult to do and understand.

thanks for the link, yes I like it a lot, but actually I saw mostly those on the face, portrait, while the database is rich, so as you say there is a lot that I can see from there.
5 years ago / 6, for a couple of years I just tried to sketch the figure, the faces and the animals I have been trying them for the last 2 years,
comics, they were the thing I tried to draw before I stopped drawing as a kid, I was sorry to have stopped and for years I postponed starting to try again, admiring the drawing of the figure as much as those of Michelangelo, etc.

Joe1 - It's fantastic to see you keeping this thread over here. I'm sorry to have only had time to look at the latest pages so far, but I'm looking forward to keeping up with your drawings. The rabbit and seagull drawings are lovely, they have a real delicacy about them.

Back