last things and other things.

Desforges , Artyczar, thanks.

tried an orange and a lemon, first together and then the other attempts. with pencil and orange with an orange color.
some time ago I took these mines to see if they could go in place of black for single color drawings, they are a little light perhaps, so I tried them yesterday here.
actually I really like blue, especially dark (like, use graphite, black or a color as an alternative, color in blue), I had thought of stocking it up but when I decided they were finished or I was undecided between various shades ( or I had yet to figure out which color to choose), so I ended up stocking up (but moreo_O) various shades of red or this.:p

Frutta.jpg

You are pretty good on the form. I wonder how you would like adding the colored pencil with the graphite? As long as the graphite isn't too dark, you could add orange and even some yellow, maybe even some shading in red. Just a thought, I like to experiment. :giggle:

Snoball, thank you very much, glad you think the shape is good and I love your suggestion, and when you talk about experimenting you help me a lot, such words prompted me to try more materials that are fun (e.g. ink, pen type ) and (at least) trying to try and open my mind at least a little, it's a great gift you give, one of the things I'm so grateful for. I had thought about this color when I had already started with black and soft pencil, I had thought that orange I could do it all colored (but I had started and I have not deleted but added anyway), that I thought of colored pencils as a substitute for the pencil, as a material to alternating with graphite, as a substitute for carbon (4 years ago I had thought of using carbon and graphite, lately coal, sometimes it bothered me a little so I thought that the colors could be similar but without dust) looking for colored pencils that therefore approached charcoal but without dust. i'm not trying colored drawings (except a couple of proofs 2 years ago) that for years I have doubts if I will always try only with chiaroscuro (to understand it better or learn it, shading etc) or also try the colors I had of colored pencils and 2 years ago I had then taken some watercolors that tempted me. (lately I have been tempted again by colors and I had found a small book on painting which will then talk about colors for a first idea) In reality, I often postpone things or I am wrong, or I am left with doubts because I wonder if I can do something or not instead of trying it and understanding it. so I'm happy with your thinking, which reminds me of that and also explains to me that going light is the way to add color. I think going light is one of the important things I have to learn and remember (so as to use the rubber too, at least in some cases.). thank you very much for everything, sorry length of this message.

You could try Conte pencils or pastel pencils, they are not quite as dusty as charcoal. There are also acrylic inks. A bit more expensive than run of the mill colored pencils are Derwent Inktense and Derwent Colorsoft. Both are more color intense.

Snoball, thank you very much for the valuable suggestions and all the help.
True count pencils, they are beautiful and similar to pencils, for charcoals 4 years ago I did not buy charcoal sticks (stick I had one found in derwent set for beniggers, 20 items including these, pencils, sharpener, rubber etc, set that I took to start drawing and have various things) but some pencils count because looking on the net I had read very well and seen them in video on yuotube, over time I tried to learn a little how to use them and (to break some tips in minus), actually they didn't bother me and it's nice that they are circular and light. I had tried some of these charcoal pencils and a couple of charcoal pencils from mona Lisa that I had seen and they had a very attractive price (as a layman I don't know if they are similar, I feel that the Conte have a better quality)
In the last 2 years sometimes secretions come out of my eyes and it seemed to me that in the days when I used charcoal pencils (materials, less compact, which crumble a little, I don't know) this was more frequent, so for safety I preferred to use graphite and think to try something else, and that since this summer one eye is swollen but in November he visited me an ophthalmologist and gave eye drops and ointment which is a chalazion.

I did not know Derwent Colorsoft, inktense some months ago I had found one and took one mistaking it for blue. I hadn't used it yet, but I saw that You're right, that is, using this is like graphite, I'm fine.

Regarding color, digital intrigued me, I also liked it for this aspect in particular.

After we talked about digital I thought I'd try
try to upload the caricatures, for the faces, I was thinking of for this, something nice maybe, I read a tutorial on a simple coloring, so thinking about it

Testa.jpg
lascio cosi.jpg

I have not memorized much, it is something over time, with practice I believe, I have tried an hour and a half with this.

thank you very much, glad you like it.
this was one of the faces on a page from a few weeks ago.
another thing that I think is beautiful, that strikes me about digital is the possibility of zooming in, then maybe going on something, this face was a few cm in the sheet.
cropping, I actually made the first photo on the phone, with the free geniuscan app, for photos I use this because with cropping it adjusts the perspective, so it corrects some of the errors I make while photographing, framing. then it is useful to learn, do this, choose part even directly on the pc.

I had also done a pencil drawing, I had to take pictures.

2020-12-12 14-10_pagina_2.jpg

thank you very much, glad you like it.
this was one of the faces on a page from a few weeks ago.
another thing that I think is beautiful, that strikes me about digital is the possibility of zooming in, then maybe going on something, this face was a few cm in the sheet.
cropping, I actually made the first photo on the phone, with the free geniuscan app, for photos I use this because with cropping it adjusts the perspective, so it corrects some of the errors I make while photographing, framing. then it is useful to learn, do this, choose part even directly on the pc.

I also did a pencil drawing, I had to upload photos

, pear

thanks,
I tried to draw some hens and maybe some roosters too. a few days ago I saw a photo with a group of ducks (I really like them) that I thought I'd try, then I tried instead of the hens, looking for photos yesterday (the first I did as I normally try, after I looked for a tutorial).
I think I'll try them again in the future. they are beautiful animals
then I redid faces with a marker.

Galline.jpg
Volto.jpg

the faces are photos at different times of the same English actress who had starred in Boardwalk Empire (fantastic series I had seen)

2 attempts by masters, copies, figures, and 2 by objects.
, one was by the artist I was saying, some fantastic subjects, works, the other by schiele,
what a pity that he and VIncent had so little time, even though they still managed to leave so much.
2020-12-16 13-21 1_pagina_1.jpg
2020-12-16 13-21 1_pagina_2.jpg
2020-12-16 13-21 1_pagina_3.jpg
2020-12-16 13-21 1_pagina_4.jpg
2020-12-16 13-21 1_pagina_5.jpg

the first object is a snowman, it is a small candle, next to the small lamp figure,
from the shop, grocery, bread shop etc.
I don't throw it out of the plastic so as not to ruin it,
I have other little things and...

i didn't attach them in the order i made them, draw from Shiele is the first figure.

Back