last things and other things.

ducks ,
photo

a4 (not the whole sheet in width), pencils, about 50/55 minutes

was the picture I said when I drew the chickens,

what I said I thought of trying in ink, but I thought that in ink it was more complicated so I did this in pencil.
but yesterday I had made this cartoon, manga or anime I had never tried them even if I liked to see them as drawings I loved more those I tried in the past, but I saw him a lifetime ago, selling commercials is a piece, yes, I thought of try it, I liked this cartoon, I liked it, the protagonist was less than a meter or half a meter tall but then became a champion in all sports, especially basketball, the first sport, the premise, he becomes above all a basketball player and then it was absurd even if I had forgotten some absurd things (and nonn educational I hope) and that before champion was a maniac

2020-12-18 16-37_pagina_3.jpg
2020-12-18 16-37_pagina_4.jpg
2020-12-18 16-37_pagina_2.jpg
2020-12-18 16-37_pagina_1.jpg

Excellent job on the geese and though I do not know the little cartoon character, he is adorable. :giggle:

Hi everyone .
Last night I made this face, from photos, an hour, an hour and a half.
Maybe they look a little better in photos.
I don't know how to judge it, that is, if it is ok to use graphite or black colored pencil (I have branded polycor lyra, oil I think, and inktense pencil)
, that is, here I used graphite, I used A4. light photocopy paper. normal I had also taken double card stock even if that is not really a drawing too.
My main question however is whether it is ok to try something like this.
Soft graphite pencil. 4b but it is pencil. This is bigger than 2 mm so I really like it as a graphite pencil. It is similar to the black colored oil pencil (maybe oil) that I also had with me.
However in this attempt I tried with soft graphite always using it on the side. Therefore. I tried Un as when I had tried a few times in the past to copy drawings from charcoal drawings by masters, ancient masters or contemporaries.
Mostly initiated attempts and which I then thought not to try again or not immediately (graphite on the side like charcoal). I wonder if that's something to insist on. More portraits. You draw like this with graphite and flat side. Maybe trying again with more sheets.
This was lightweight photocopy paper. and I took even thicker, 160g a4, and a3 200g,
so like cards, even if that is not really a design too.
And I have 2 albums
Croqui canson xl album, which was the first one I took (and then I had taken it back finding it on offer, actually sketchbook album I was often afraid of getting them dirty, only after some time (thanks also thanks) I realized that it is paper and waste and do not use it and after taking it, in any case photocopy paper) it seems to me rougher than these and therefore I find it even less smooth so among the albums I have tried not all of them I find worse than photocopy paper for charcoal drawings,
when I admire the charcoal works in photos, they are very smooth in shading. Although I don't think it depends so much on the means.
doubt and if maybe try again with a tip, but maybe the idea is to continue and try again all the things and reuse, try again with the various pencil and with both types of sheets that I have.

Ritratto.jpg

last week i forgot to post this, i had tried inktense pencil, i had passed some water, used cardboard, and i had also tried first on cartoon, on hair, first i had also passed normal pencil, graphite on hair .
2020-12-19 02-50_pagina_1.jpg
2020-12-19 02-50_pagina_2.jpg
2020-12-19 02-50_pagina_4.jpg

on the best album I had tried various colored pencils and graphite, and then the other drawings I made in the last week.
Teddy Bear Pencil Sharpener and Snowman Christmas Candle Remade. this time in pen
2020-12-23 14-43_pagina_1.jpg
IMG20201222024556.jpg
2020-12-20 22-11_pagina_1.jpg

My main question however is whether it is ok to try something like this.
Oh I can answer that real quick. It is OK to try anything you are big enough to try. :giggle: You've really been busy and I really do like your face in that first drawing.
You might want to check the figure though. The wrong leg is forward.
corrected.jpg

thanks Snoball, heartfelt thanks for the indication on the leg, for letting me norare, now I see it thanks.

I'm sorry, I misspelled, the question was right on the face, on the portrait, the first thing I posted,
if I was right to try again shading, portrait or other with the graphite pencil used only on the side, underhand position, shading
underhand position.

In any case you answered me and helping me so much on that too, I am really grateful to you for all the help and encouragement, thank you from the heart

Yes, I understood the question was on the face. My answer stands. Never be afraid to try anything. That is how new things are discovered. Just never mix explosives. ;)

Snoball, yes, your answer was perfect, thanks again,
yes I will follow the advice, on materials, try, experiment, avoiding explosives, I will listen to the suggestion, no nitrate, no explosives for me, it is not the case .. is danger.

but he does it ... mix explosives
(some time ago I saw a TV show and they showed this, a strange thing, explosive point, I didn't know about it,, it came back to me, so I put it as a curiosity)

Of course I couldn't understand the lingo but the demonstration was interesting to watch.

pug from photo,
About an hour and 30 minutes, maybe an hour and 40 minutes
On a4 paper for photocopy
I had done it first in pencil, then tried it with the pen.
At one point looking at the photo I imagined that it would be nice with a Santa hat and that it says Merry Christmas, it's a cute dog and it seems to talk, so if you want to think it says Merry Christmas.

dog today.
yesterday, caricature with marker
ps: actually the hat I tried to do. it is those pencil marks that I have not erased even though I preferred to leave it alone.

2020-12-25 17-50_pagina_1.jpg
2020-12-25 17-50_pagina_2.jpg
2020-12-25 17-50_pagina_3.jpg
2020-12-25 17-50_pagina_4.jpg

Back