Joan's Inktober Sketches

These are all beautiful. That is so cool that you have published books of your work. I have only done that once (printed books, that is) on Lulu. I made a kind of catalog many years ago and am fixing to publish another soon of a sketchbook technique.

Joan, wonderful sketches all of them. I enjoyed the month. You have such a marvelous eye for composition. You see potential paintings in places that I know I would completely miss. Then you do a lovely sketch of it.

You draw very well and have a great control over the different tools and media. I particularly like the twig and ink drawings for their painterly approach.

Thanks Ai, Artyczar, Anne, Pl Barrie and Jo. Your comments are a boost to my ego.

This one was done with the twig and Chinese ink.
tempImagepbK8oz.png

I was out in Wading River and found this field to sketch with my Noodler's brown ink. I like the way it works for "earthy" sketches. I'm not sure what had been growing here but I liked the furrows in the field.
tempImageZMp1tc.png

This was sketched in the same area as the sketch above. I thought the fence added something to the sketch. I used my Elegant Writer pen where I knew I wanted shading and my Lamy filled with Platinum Carbon ink for other spots.
tempImagejgRDBy.png

This is a local restaurant. I haven't eaten there in quite a while but maybe I need to check it out again from the inside.
tempImagenBgq8A.png

Here is my final Inktober 2021 sketch. I was out painting with two friends and when I finished the first watercolor I turned around and sketched this Bayville scene. I left it simple...ink lines only and no shading. Thanks for viewing my Inktober sketches. I will have to try to do ink sketches on a more regular basis.

tempImageYP9aW7.png

Congratulations on finishing Inktober, Joan. Your variety of styles and methods have been so inspiring - and the last few sketches are no exception (particularly love that brown furrowed scene). Thanks for sharing all these with us!

Thank you, Triss, Dm7, and Artyczar. Inktober is a fun challenge. I've been lucky to have been able to do it for quite a few years.

Love them all Joan. Such variety of style of ink... My fav. has to be the last one with the lobster place ... lol. Congratulations.

These are all so full of life and interest. I love to travel in your world with your sketches and paintings. Congrats on finishing Inktober!

Back