Animal And Wildlife Challenge For February 2023

i made these others.draws digital, dog is not finished but I don't know if I continue it
2023-02-23 16-58 1.jpeg
2023-02-23 16-58 2.jpeg
2023-02-23 16-58 4.jpeg

Joe, I really like the horse's hair over the forehead on the page with the deer. The hair looks very natural and flowing. And, yes, continue with the dog and post it. It just needs a darker left eye and some more hair detail. It looks great.

Thanks for all the great comments on my work. The picture of the black backed jackal made me think of our dry vegetation, hence the idea of the using the orange cardstock.

thank you all for the nice words.
Joy, thanks for the helpful tips to finish the dog drawing, I'll continue it.

Joe, don't forget to post the dog here when you are done. The thread will stay open. I post a lot of work late.

Joe - Fantastic drawings Lovely work - I like them all.
Cheers,
Patricia

Joe, I am really glad you drew some more on the dog. The expression is much better now with the dark values. The way you divided the background into dark and light was an excellent idea, very creative. I have been noticing here and on another art site that you seem to have a talent for portraying animal expressions. The features are very believable and in good proportion. Of course, you could print these, but if you used paper/pencil/pen, they could be framed. You have a lot of nice ones.

Christel - really good pieces, I love the horses.

Joe - love your drawings. They're so expressive.

Deborah - lovely portrait, I really like the fur.

Joy - lovely elephant, I'm enjoying your work with this palette! I like the sense of movement.

E. P. - you were busy! Very good.

Anne - Lovely ink work. Really like both of these.

Penny - no objection from me - Benny is gorgeous! So sorry about Indy.

Lesley - lovely colours and blending. Good sense of depth too, the horse is walking out of the paper!

I got something done today, still deciding whether or not to post it. May do another one.

Kay, please post it! The thread will stay open. Thanks for your comments on the other works.

Kay, I agree. Please post what you did. We all enjoy seeing what other artists are doing.

Here's mine. It's in my Seawhite 20x20cm sketchbook, various pens and coloured pencils. I wanted to try and make the silhouette of the bird interesting instead of a solid colour, so used pens of varying thicknesses. It reminded me a bit of wire mesh, which is why it crumbles at the edges. I like how it turned out, so I'll try this again. I did attempt the water splashes, as they were the reason I chose this picture, but they looked terrible, so here's just the bird. :)

c8d91697-2397-498f-bbef-d581b23febf9.jpg

Joe: Your sketches turned out great! As a cat person, I particularly like the cat ❤️
Kay: I LOVE how the bird turned out! You should definitely use this method again - I think it's awesome!❤️

Kay - Terrific drawing ! Really nice effect that you achieved .
Cheers,
Patricia

Back