An Agraharam Street Scene

Balaji

I sketched this on location five years ago. An "agraharam" is a housing colony for people of the same religious sect and laid out in a specific form. It would normally have a single street with temples at either end, and semi-detached houses lining both sides of the street. I sat in the open verandah of one of the houses and sketched the view across the street, completing most of the sketch on location and some of the shading later.

Vathima Iyer Agraharam at Koneri Rajapuram.jpg

Gorgeous sketch. Your details and action in scenes are always impressive. Great work!

What a stellar sketch! Your details are excellent here. Looks like you took the time, and everything is in perfect perspective. :)

What a stellar sketch! Your details are excellent here. Looks like you took the time, and everything is in perfect perspective. :)
Thank you Ayin. I usually sketch holding my sketchbook in my left hand. For this sketch I had a firm surface on which I could rest my sketchbook. Also, this was sketched five years ago when my hand was somewhat steadier.

Not only is the art wonderful, as usual, lovely, but I like that you offer cultural information.

Back