‘Animal’ (almost) from life

jmfletch

Done from life for Art from Life Scavenger Hunt.
Theme was Animal – Buffalo – Gray Toned paper, 9x12in, 2mm holders (2H, HB, 2B and 4B) about 45 min. Model was a very old plastic model.
489DFA9E-67CF-4705-9281-7FFADD472BA0.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Love this, makes me smile and remember we saw a trained buffalo at the State Fair in New Mexico years ago. Could do all sorts of tricks.

Nice Jim.

I have a friend who does children's book illustrations and has a collection of over a hundred little plastic models of animals in different poses to work from.

Nice Jim.

I have a friend who does children's book illustrations and has a collection of over a hundred little plastic models of animals in different poses to work from.
Sigh. I only have 4 but they are fun to draw.

Good drawing Joe! :)

I had loads of toy animals when I was small. I regret telling my parents that they could throw them out because I realise now they would be useful for drawing!

Good drawing Joe! :)

I had loads of toy animals when I was small. I regret telling my parents that they could throw them out because I realise now they would be useful for drawing!
Didn’t have a lot of toy animals as a kid. Had a collection of green plastic army men. 😎 Animals I have now I bought as an adult. (2 horses, a buffalo and a long horn)

That makes me want to send you some toys!

I had some toys, but I usually used regular household items (like boxes) and my army men with my imagination. You probably did a lot of that too.

That makes me want to send you some toys!

I had some toys, but I usually used regular household items (like boxes) and my army men with my imagination. You probably did a lot of that too.
Yup. All kinds of boxes and throw pillows from the couch made great hills. 😇

Back