What's the temperature there?

Yes, ice is the worst. Very difficult to cope with. We are so unused to extreme weather that only a little of it creates havoc.

We went to Lake Arrowhead for Xmas weekend and we got caught in a snow/rain/ice storm. Hannah had to pull a prop axe off the cabin wall to chop up the ice-snow for hours to get our car out of the driveway so we could leave. The plows came the day before and pushed all the snow into the driveways, as they do, which turned that snow into two feet of sheer ice chunks. It took us all day to get the car out of there and down steep icy streets. I thought we were going to slide into a tree and die. The car had to sit and run for about three hours with the heat blasting just so we could scrape the ice off the windows. It was a bitch to even get the car door open. And we still had snow on top of the car by the time we got back to the desert. I probably already told this story. ???

snowedin.jpg

It's been much warmer here again. Between 30-40. So weird. No rain. No snow, and dreary skies. Wind, as always (lots of windchill), and I've still been walking in it during daybreak trying to catch pneumonia, I guess.

Oh dear! What weather to cope with! I hope you enjoyed the weekend apart from that.

It’s a beautiful day here. Blue sky and sunshine. 46F, dropping to 31F overnight.

In northern New York, it's 27F and 6 inches of snowfall since midnight last. It will continue into this evening. At least it's light fluffy stuff, not heavy and wet. (y)

In northern New York, it's 27F and 6 inches of snowfall since midnight last. It will continue into this evening. At least it's light fluffy stuff, not heavy and wet.

The same storm hit us last night. The snowfall varies depending on where you are. We got around 9" here while some areas just 10 or 15 minutes away got 17" or more. We are looking at the potential of more overnight... "lake effect" snow... as the cold air moves over Lake Erie... which is not frozen. We reached the mid-20s today and are not forecasted for too much warmer for the rest of the week with Friday predicted to be in single digits. Winter has officially arrived. I had to dig out this morning in order to drive my wife to her COVID booster appointment. The roads were an absolute mess in spite of the plows and deicer trucks being out since mid-day yesterday.

Raining cats and dogs here ..6 F

How on earth are you getting rain at that temp?

The same storm hit us last night. The snowfall varies depending on where you are. We got around 9" here while some areas just 10 or 15 minutes away got 17" or more. We are looking at the potential of more overnight... "lake effect" snow... as the cold air moves over Lake Erie... which is not frozen. We reached the mid-20s today and are not forecasted for too much warmer for the rest of the week with Friday predicted to be in single digits. Winter has officially arrived. I had to dig out this morning in order to drive my wife to her COVID booster appointment. The roads were an absolute mess in spite of the plows and deicer trucks being out since mid-day yesterday.
We're in the northern Adirondack Mountains, lake effect snow usually blows by to the south of us. I've heard you get heaps of it. It stopped snowing here around 2pm, I think it's done for today. I've been out running the snowblower up and down the driveway and around the house. Very cold temps predicted for us for the rest of the week. High of 6F tomorrow.

But is supposed to be warmer in the South! However, it has soared up to a balmy 11° here now so I may hunt up my bikini and go swimming. 😁

Today in Lachine, Canada, it is very cold.
It is a little after 5pm and It is minus 19C, will reach minus 30C by 10pm.

South eastern pa. It's 11 out now. woke up to -2. Its about time winter showed up. Its a few months late for us.

Minus 8° F when I got up this AM. Currently 4° F... and I gotta run out to pick up some things in a bit. 🥶

We got up to a balmy 17° this morning and I think we are supposed to soar all the way up to freezing today. Maybe the ice will melt off the roads. I had to drive home Thursday on solid ice.

Back