What's the temperature there?

Woke up to this.
20220122_074654.jpg

The weather station says it was only -7 but a few others people around here had readings below -10 as well so I'm not sure what it really was.
It's now all the way up to 22.

It's now 21° and not supposed to drop below the 20s again until Sunday night into Monday. When I leave for school Monday morning the forecast is for 9° :(

Why does it seem that the weather forecasts today are so often far from the mark? Perhaps they rely far too much on computer predictions. The forecast this AM predicted a trace to 2" of snow. There was already 3" on the ground and when I went out to the car it must have been coming down at an inch or two per hour. I wiped off the passenger side of the windshield then headed over to the driver's side. By the time I'd finished with that there was already a quarter-inch on the passenger side that I had just completed. :unsure:

They've never been good at getting the amounts of snow right. Around here they always give a range. Say 8 to 12 inches. some times we get more then they predict and most of the time we get less. Usually a lot less.
I'm just happy that they tend to be able to give us a good idea of just what will be falling out or the sky and in what order.

I get so mad at the reports because they are always SO WRONG!!!! They get my hopes up and then dash them into the gutter. Mean weather people. (Shakes fist at the sky.)

I'm glad I left the wipers up. This storm started with 40 degrees F and rain and then rapidly dropped into the teens and single digits. After getting all the snow off the windshield, I had to scrape the crusty ice off and run the defrost for 15 minutes before thinking about driving. We made a grocery run around the block and that's it for today.

11F now and snow still coming down. It started Thursday morning. We're getting about 6 inches, supposed to end this evening. Light fluffy stuff.

To be honest SLG, that's nothing. I am getting pretty bored with having to shovel snow around the farm. It's been weeks now, and one snowstorm follows the other, the mountains I piled up are meters high, and I am getting to the stage I don't know where to put the bloody stuff!
Btw I am at least shoveling with a tractor.

Enough snow talk, it's 80 F here in Saranac, NY, today, up from 40 a week ago. Supposed to be 88 and humid by Sunday, that's rare for May.

Late evening here in Wiltshire. We’ve had a couple of damp days after a week of dry weather. Its 51F at the moment.

Back