Art talk/Dog talk

Artyczar

I didn't know which forum to put this in, but this might explain some of my absence here.

Working toward my upcoming show has been tight. I've finished all the abstract desert aerials and large watercolors, which are now at the framers in Los Angeles, but I still have a couple of other more detailed oil paintings to do and many, many drawings to do. I'm also including photographs and have only done one location shoot. I still need to go out and do at least one more, if not two. Then all the Giclee printing, which is actually time-consuming.

All the drawings will be scanned and printed onto other types of paper and sizes and used for a big wall installation. None of it will be for sale and it's still pending as to whether I'll have to redraw every one of them on the same types of paper and sizes. I'll probably just use a lightbox to do that. That depends on if my gallerist wants them to be "originals" so he can sell them individually. I mean, he could sell the prints, but they will all have tape and tack holes through them and won't exactly be appropriate for sales. So, there's that. That's like 45 drawings or so. I'm hoping he just won't care that the installation is not for sale and I won't know that until after May 16, after I have a couple of studio visits from some collectors that might pre-purchase some work from the show.

I've already had an art critic/writer come by and look at what I've done for the show thus far and seemed intrigued. She said that doing fetures for bigger art magazines need a ton of leeway, so I'm glad she came this early before fall.

I'm also finishing up a limited edition, handmade press pack for VIPs (writers and curators) that will help promote the show and spark some press and other opportunities. I'm making twenty of those that have a lot of components that were sorta inspired by the Outlander book I made in August.

So, I've been busy! And I've been undergoing more dental procedures that I care to reveal--with a few very painful complications that have been going on for over a month. Two probable root canals are pending, and it's been "wait-and-see" situation for four weeks now, while I sit in pain with little improvement after crowns were placed. I'm finally off the hard-core pain pills, but I'm on Advil 'round the clock. Woe is me, right? Waaa.

To add to the ongoing dental (and doctor appointments) I went and adopted a dog! I know I've been probably talking about it on and off here and there on the forum about how I can't possibly have one or manage one where I live, and how Hannah didn't want one, but somehow, here he is. I promised myself it would be an older dog I'd get. A house-trained, well-behaved, non-traumatized kind of dog that could be easily trainable to be my certified emotional support animal. I promised myself a lot of things! But it didn't go the way I'd planned at all. I broke a few promises to myself.

He's only eight months and came from the streets of South America and is pretty skittish. It remains to be seen if he's really very house-trained. I've had him 48 hours and he's pooped in the house once this morning, but I couldn't take him out quick enough after he ate. Could have been an honest mistake. When ya gotta go ya gotta go! :ROFLMAO:

And he's a rescue that's been surviving on the streets. Poor thing. I have to give him a lot of credit for not peeing all over the place so far.

So, that's what's going on. I'm behind on the forums, behind on my bills, my emails, my friends, and my life. I hardly have time to go to the bathroom myself, and I still haven't had my coffee today. I get to write this because Salton (that's his name) is sleeping right now. I'm waiting for the vet to open so I can make his first appointment. There are a few possible health issues with him. (Nothing serious though.)

20220424_161352.jpg

Thanks for reading. (Yes, there's a small blue exercise ball in the fireplace. Don't ask.)

Brilliant post😍.I can quite understand why he came home with you, he's irresistable.your life seems to be full on at the mo, good luck with everything and I hope Hannah has fallen for Salton🙂

Nice doggie! He looks like he could have a lot of bounce! Just reading your intinerary makes me breaks out in a sweat!

Gads! Bless you for taking Salton in during what sounds, to me, like a trial by fire.
My, what long legs you have, Salton!

I always prefer younger dogs. Its a pain training them at times but they last longer. Looks like you made a good choice.

(Yes, there's a small blue exercise ball in the fireplace. Don't ask.)
So, what's up with the blue exercise ball in the fireplace?!? :oops:

Salton is beautiful! Sounds like he has already lived a life of uncertainty and adventure - in time, I bet he's going to be the happiest dog on the block. He just needs love which you will provide in spades. ❤️

Keep those pictures coming so we can enjoy watching him grow into those long legs!

Busy busy busy. I'm sure you three will bond. He does look a bid edgy but some good old loving should relieve him. Good luck with your show. You sure don't mind working.

What!!??? No drumming???!!!
Seriously, that's one heck of a boat load you've got there, Ayin, good luck to you with all of it and the new pooch, too!

Good luck with everything, you got a lot on your plate!
Dogs are cool, and that one looks VERY cool.
I love dogs, I have a bordercollie I train and use for stockwork, and we have a kinda rescue, a very goofy loveable mixed breed.

I hate to have to "announce" it after posting my first message with pictures, but my new dog didn't work out and was returned to the rescue yesterday. In a nutshell, he gave Hannah near-death allergies and asthma attacks, even after stronger medications and vigorous grooming.

We are sad, and she feels pretty awful about it, which makes me more sad, so it's a vicious cycle of sad.

On a nicer note, Salton was happier than I'd ever seen him romping and running, reuniting with all his old dog friends on the rescue ranch. He seemed at home, not at all confused or traumatized, just as if he'd been on a new vacation experience with us for a few days. No biggie. He's a strong, resilient pup. Me, maybe not as much, but what can ya do?

So, my dog search is on hold indefinitely for now. But thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I really appreciate it. ♥️

So, that's what's going on. I'm behind on the forums, behind on my bills, my emails, my friends, and my life. I hardly have time to go to the bathroom myself, and I still haven't had my coffee today. I get to write this because Salton (that's his name) is sleeping right now.
And that is exactly how I've felt lately, so I feel your pain, but at least you are getting some artwork done. I hope all your work is successful and BTW, that is a beautiful dog. ❤️ He'll be so grateful later on for the rescue (they know) and will make you a wonderful, loyal companion.(y) ❤️

I'm so sorry it didn't work out, Ayin. 😞 It's certainly not for lack of love and effort, we all know that.

I hate to have to "announce" it after posting my first message with pictures, but my new dog didn't work out and was returned to the rescue yesterday. In a nutshell, he gave Hannah near-death allergies and asthma attacks, even after stronger medications and vigorous grooming.

We are sad, and she feels pretty awful about it, which makes me more sad, so it's a vicious cycle of sad.

On a nicer note, Salton was happier than I'd ever seen him romping and running, reuniting with all his old dog friends on the rescue ranch. He seemed at home, not at all confused or traumatized, just as if he'd been on a new vacation experience with us for a few days. No biggie. He's a strong, resilient pup. Me, maybe not as much, but what can ya do?

So, my dog search is on hold indefinitely for now. But thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I really appreciate it. ♥️
I didn't read this before I posted. I'm sorry the pup didn't work out, I know you would have been a wonderful pet-parent. Just glad he seems happy. Chihuahuas seem to not cause so much trouble with allergies but where you live, you would have to be careful about letting one run outside.

Thank you everyone. Yes, I/we are very sad right now. :(

Thank you all for your sweet thoughts. I feel them. ♥️

Sorry it didn't work out with the dog. You'll have to look into one of the ones that don't cause allergies.

Back