What are you working on?

Done
AT NIGHT, I LIE
8x10
Acrylic on canvas
F234F85B-776B-4369-A026-F0E0FE6BF5A8.jpeg

I'm still working on this--haven't touched it in days though. It's the last painting I'll do for my upcoming show in the fall. It's a small oil on a 16x20-inch gessoboard.

rabbithouse1.jpg

I think I haven't been doing much on it for a few reasons: 1. I'm still seeing the dentist once a week. I have 3/4 of all the work finished now. But my insurance ran out, so I don't know what I will do until next January now.

...2. I'm already working on tons of promo for the show and have been making arrangements to stay out there midway through the six weeks it's up to do an artist's talk :sick: while trying to drum up some kinds of interviews, podcasts, etc.

And 3. I most of all want so badly to start on new ideas that have nothing to do with the work I've been making. No desert stuff at all. I've had my mind on two new series of work and both are abstract(ed). One is more abstract expressionism, and the other is totally abstract. The abstract expressionism stuff is kinda-sorta figurative and based on family pictures, at least the ones I can find that aren't really "posed." I will most likely have to embellish/morph them into other things and maybe combine them with imaginary stuff.

I've never really embarked on this kind of thing and have always said I was going to paint more loose and sloppy. I don't even know if I'm capable of it, but I'm going to give it another attempt. I've only been able to do it on a few paintings, but not a lot. I hope to use those as inspiration, just like the non-representational pieces I have in mind. Those began with the grocery bag series I started at the beginning of Covid.

So that's my story for today.

EDIT: Oh, and I've also been building an artist's website for one of my best friends. I suppose that's been taking up some time too. :ROFLMAO:

I'm still working on this--haven't touched it in days though. It's the last painting I'll do for my upcoming show in the fall. It's a small oil on a 16x20-inch gessoboard.

View attachment 22230

I think I haven't been doing much on it for a few reasons: 1. I'm still seeing the dentist once a week. I have 3/4 of all the work finished now. But my insurance ran out, so I don't know what I will do until next January now.

...2. I'm already working on tons of promo for the show and have been making arrangements to stay out there midway through the six weeks it's up to do an artist's talk :sick: while trying to drum up some kinds of interviews, podcasts, etc.

And 3. I most of all want so badly to start on new ideas that have nothing to do with the work I've been making. No desert stuff at all. I've had my mind on two new series of work and both are abstract(ed). One is more abstract expressionism, and the other is totally abstract. The abstract expressionism stuff is kinda-sorta figurative and based on family pictures, at least the ones I can find that aren't really "posed." I will most likely have to embellish/morph them into other things and maybe combine them with imaginary stuff.

I've never really embarked on this kind of thing and have always said I was going to paint more loose and sloppy. I don't even know if I'm capable of it, but I'm going to give it another attempt. I've only been able to do it on a few paintings, but not a lot. I hope to use those as inspiration, just like the non-representational pieces I have in mind. Those began with the grocery bag series I started at the beginning of Covid.

So that's my story for today.

EDIT: Oh, and I've also been building an artist's website for one of my best friends. I suppose that's been taking up some time too. :ROFLMAO:
Can’t wait to see the abstracts.

Good luck on your teeth. I am going through that myself with no insurance. That takes your mind of the potential fear and pain.

You are so active, Ayin. I respect that .
With age , my energy level has dropped quite a bit. That part is a little scary for me.

❤️

You are so active, Ayin. I respect that .
Whenever I read posts like this from Ayin, I feel a strong urge to take a nap. ;) Their discipline wears me out!

Kidding aside, I'm excited to see the new stuff too, Ayin. Sounds completely different from what you're finishing up now.

Jocelyne, I absolutely love this latest one from you. The crown, the hair, the expression - even the background all fits together. It's a beautiful piece! I love your abstracts, too, but your portraits are amazing.

I just finished my friend's website early this morning. I built it on a Squarespace template, so it was fairly easy. If you'd like to see it, it's here.

In my spare time, I worry about what else I should be doing. :rolleyes:

Your friend's work is very interesting. Actually it reminds me of yours. :giggle: Good that I don't have spare time because that is what I do at night when I am supposed to be sleeping. :giggle:

Here's the sculpture that I'm working on now.
It's alabaster but this particular piece is not as large as I want so I'm refining
the features, hair , drapery [gown] etc while I'm waiting for a giant piece of
alabaster to arrive !
Cheers,
Patricia

'ENLIGHTENMENT'

Enlightenment.jpg

What a stunner, Patricia! Your work is fluid and lovely, and the alabaster looks so cool!

Sno and Joce, thank you for the compliments on the site I built. I appreciate it. Now I'm about to build another (more complicated one) for my other good friend. It never ends.

This one is really lovely Jose. It might need one of your rabbits, but I think it might be great on its own. It's a little different for you I think. It's an elegant one. ♥️

This photo of the rabbit house is really terrible, but I'm still working on this one in oil. I wanted to outline the windows with a tiny black outline. I tried it in paint, but I didn't have a brush small enough. Then I tried a micron pen, but that didn't work at all with the oil paint, so I'm just going to leave it alone. I may thicken up that middle white line on that center window and call it. Now I'm working on the mountain range.

rabbithouse2.jpg

Back