What are you working on?

I've been making these promo packages for my show for VIPs, like art critics and museum curators. I have probably mentioned this. I made eighteen in total and won't be sending them out until July, but I needed to finish them to make room on my drawing table so I could get back to work on the rest of my paintings and drawings.

I got the idea for these from the Artist book I made a while ago. My show is called THIS LAND, which you can read about in the link. The idea for the promo box was all in lieu of sending out Save the Date postcards. That seemed boring to me, and I wanted to make something more memorable. So, I came up with this promotional idea to put a bunch of themed items inside a mystery box.

Before this, I thought of just making promotional posters for the show after seeing one from the '80s by Keith Haring on Antiques Roadshow. It was kinda giant though, and I couldn’t afford anything that big, so I made one about the size of a 1960s concert poster, a 19 x 13-inch. I scored and folded them so they would fit inside the boxes I got. The rest of the posters will be given away for free at the show.

Also inside the box are my Save the Date cards, along with a drawing sample and a photograph that will be part of a drawing installation at the show. All three of those go into a kraft pocket fold that are tied with some jute, as seen here on top of one of the posters.

View attachment 21423

View attachment 21424

The box also includes a vial of desert sand marked with the coordinates of Lost Horse Mine, a famous destination inside Joshua Tree National Park.

View attachment 21425

There are a few other items in there, like a compass wrapped in handmade paper, sunscreen, chapstick, and a weird pencil made from a tree branch—just because it was cute.

View attachment 21426

The folded poster goes on top and then the box is tagged with the person’s name.

View attachment 21427

See? It’s a whole theme. Get it? I hope so. Or I hope it inspires at least a couple of these people to come to my show. I guess I could have placed a 100-dollar bill in there too as a bribe, but I'm not that crazy. Shipping all of these will be expensive enough!

Now I can get back to finishing the paintings. I think I'm done with all the drawings for the wall installation, which is a nine-foot across area, but some of the left side will be taken up by a big ink drawing I made into a large vinyl decal about eighty-two inches high:

View attachment 21428

This leaves me about fifty inches across to fill instead (much easier!). I have about 30 little drawings and at least 10 photographs to pin and tape over a few topographic and plat maps of the area, which will stuck onto the wall nilly-willy, yet arranged purposefully to look random.

I think these are the final drawings...(I haven't scanned all of them):

View attachment 21429
View attachment 21430
View attachment 21431
View attachment 21432
You continue to amaze me with your creativity, talent and energy. I love your theme ❤️

Wow, thank you PSA. You are crazy creative yourself! I appreciate you saying this. It makes me feel great! ♥️

Love it!!! Everything is so well thought out, quirky and fun and totally irresistible!! ❤️

It all reflects right back on you, my friend. So excited for you!

I'm playing around with OMW's for about a week now and I think I have learned how to use them 🙃
I have completed about 8 paintings so I want to see if I can get a big one completed. I am thinking 36x36x1.5. First I need to order more WMO larger tubes of paint. Not sure what I will paint, but will cross that bridge when I start the painting. This is going to be a lot of FUN!!!!

I'm playing around with WMO for about a week now and I think I have learned how to use them 🙃
I have completed about 8 paintings so I want to see if I can get a big one completed. I am thinking 36x36x1.5. First I need to order more WMO larger tubes of paint. Not sure what I will paint, but will cross that bridge when I start the painting. This is going to be a lot of FUN!!!!

Started working on this today with acrylics.
ECA9A3D1-99E9-4637-9898-AB8D900042DA.jpeg

Not sure where it will land but at least it is out there!

Love this new one, Jocelyne! All your random "thingies" seem to turn into magical pieces of art to me. Your recent one up there and now this one are perfect examples. Excited to follow your progress! ❤️

Back