What are you working on?

Thanks Arty. I think the botanical term of the title fits perfectly, if I may toot for a moment 😀. Your current online show shows just how accomplished you are, your art is.

Up to?
Lost a friend in December, now old Tex is in the hospital not doing great. Tough times combined with a curfew in Montreal. Even food stores are closing.
Yesterday I finished an oil started a while ago. I never found the thread of it. I kept working with old oil tubes that had hardened, anything that I could add I added guided by faulty instincts.
Not sure if it is a crust but here it is. 24x30, three birds.
065B7974-AD1D-42C6-9069-948813B2E3FF.jpeg

Hi J, Tough times in deed. It is good that you managed to getting working though. And posting again.This has all your distinctive, vivacious mark making.

Hi J, Tough times in deed. It is good that you managed to getting working though. And posting again.This has all your distinctive, vivacious mark making.
Thanks, Iain!
I try to work a little here and there, the only thing that makes sense. Had to help my old bud 24/7 until they put him in the hospital.
Difficult times around here. Wishing you all the best.

Jocelyne, sorry about your friends... I hope you find some peace in the quiet.

Your piece is beautiful.

I've been sketching with charcoal, generally gesture and some contour, and a few other things, to keep the skill set going.
Then made some salt dough a few days ago to work with the GD, and I worked with it again this morning. This is new to me. :)

I too can see a fish in the trunk of the tree now that you pointed it out. I don't usually work this large. My preferred size is 22x15, a half Imperial. Big enough to say what I want to, but not so large as to overwhelm oneself in demands of time and expression.

My muse/SO decided that she no longer liked the painting I did at her request for our great room. Originally this held a "landscape" of a misty pond with reeds around the edges and a distant indistinct shore. So I carefully striped the paint paper off the plywood cradle and recovered it with a fresh sheet of watercolour paper. It took the best part of a month of start-stop and more stop than start for me to get into the flow and do some painting.

Full disclosure: I was afraid to spoil the pristine surface after I stretched the paper. It was so smooth and blemish free that the sheer beauty of it stopped me from making a mark on it. I finally bucked up, took 40mg of propranolol to suppress my normal tremors and sketched the outline. It also took me some time figuring out how to paint with ink at this scale. Once that was behind me, I alternated between ink and paint and within 2 days moved from a faint pencil outline to the current state. I'll post some more WIP near by-and-by.

I recently got a big expensive pan set of watercolors and have been playing with them a little and don't like what I'm doing with them or I'd share. I frankly don't like what I've been doing at all lately--not my sketching or painting and not many of my ideas either. I'm just in an all around crappy mood about art.

Same here, really. I have bits of abandoned drawings that I like, and i am thinking of putting them together as, Abandoned or Aborted attempts.

I have enjoyed looking at David Shrigley's Lockdown drawings. I see he has sold most of them. When I saw that, I thought, "Well done, David!" through gritted teeth. 😁 See? That's not a smile. 😁

Same here, really. I have bits of abandoned drawings that I like, and i am thinking of putting them together as, Abandoned or Aborted attempts.

I have enjoyed looking at David Shrigley's Lockdown drawings. I see he has sold most of them. When I saw that, I thought, "Well done, David!" through gritted teeth. 😁 See? That's not a smile. 😁
His video caught my eye. The man shops at IKEA! I have the same drawing table and the same set of wooden shelves though I don't use the shelves for art supplies or anything related to art.

I know this is boring shit, but I'm bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored! Trapped inside in self imposed isolation for almost 11 months. Just me an my SO/muse.

I too have a bunch of abandoned paintings. What are your thought on how to put them together? Might be an interesting project. I was thinking I might just burn them.

I was thinking of putting them together as a chapbook. Or scrapbook. Crapbook? As an experiment.

The sofabed is IKEA too.

I can't think of the last time I was bored. My partner will tell you, "He doesn't get bored, he gets drunk." I sleep a lot, too.

SO/muse?

Back