Weekly Art Event - Nov. 5, 2021

ams

Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: Vessel

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

Thanks, Anne. What is the end date? Also, should it be a work created for this thread, previous work, or either?

Hi Joy,

The end date is next Friday when another Weekly Art Event will be posted but you can post later if you don't get it finished.

I was thinking of new work but if someone wants to post previous work, that's ok too.

Thanks. I figured new work, as that would motivate the members.

“Washed Up In A Local Park!”
Well, it’s a vessel!:eek:😂
Approx 7”x5”, drawn in Pitt pen, Sepia in sketch book. Arteza ink brush pens for colour. Approx 30 mins.

F83F70B0-4491-4FDC-900C-F63C6F99B225.jpeg

Wow Maureen, I like the thought process that's gone into this! Great work!

A great start to the weekly challenges Maureen! It made me smile. :)

Oh absolutely a vessel Maureen. I love it. Love all the different colors you used to make it so interesting. Thanks for participating.

Here's my first post. This is a quick one, I may do another later in the week.

This is done in Artrage digital black and white charcoal on colored "paper." I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I went online to some of the free photo sites and started with a search for vessel. I saw a bowl so then I searched "bowl" to see if I could find a composition I liked better and this is what I came up with. I got this one from unsplash.

20211031D Bowls (WAE 11-5-21).jpg

Well I used this as an excuse to do my very first pastel drawing on actual pastel paper.

When I saw vessel the first thing to come to mind was a bottle and since the only color I have in a real range of shades is greens I decided I needed a green bottle. So I dug out an old mint sauce bottle I have and placed it in front of a window.

4.5” x 6” soft pastel on yellow tinted pastel paper. Took under 1 hr.
bottle.jpg

Thanks for the comment 16ga.

Great bottle. Good work on your first pastel on pastel paper. You captured the look of transparent glass well.

Thanks for participating this week.

Back