Weekly Art Event, January 14-21

ams

Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: SHELL

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

If you would like to provide a weekly prompt, sign up here.

Hello, everyone.

I’ve done a quick drawing - it could be less messy. Its in coloured pencils on Bristol Board,
which is not the best paper for it. 😁

01CD6B50-1A16-4A21-B50F-AC2A7D76B53E.jpeg

Penny - Lovely, colorful, creative. You are quite prolific!

Thanks very much, Joy. As soon as I saw the prompt, I knew the sort of thing I wanted to do. Aboriginal art, Dream Time and Walkabout have always interested me. I love the colours and shapes used.

Delightful. I knew you would come up with something truly original.

Thanks for participating.

I have another in mind, Anne, and will draw it tomorrow as it’s late here now.

I found your turotial helpful. Thank you for that.

Here’s a close up from a still life painted a while ago. Done in oils.
Anybody know what critter makes this shell?

View attachment 17294
Very nice. I love the soft reflection in the table. Sea Urchin was the first thing that came to my mind too. I looked up sea urchin shell and the images that came up looked like your painting.

Thanks for participating.

Last edited:
Penny, your drawings make me smile or even grin ear to ear.

P. Barrie, a beautiful shell. Love the reflection.

Back