The Lake at Petersfield

Arnie

mini-PetLake3.JPG

My first painting of the year: Petersfield Lake looking across to the café and children’s play area. Lots of large, expensive, Victorian mansions overlooking the lake. More practice on lose winter branches, and softening edges. Bit of shine on photo - imposssible to get better photo today.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Sennelier Oil Pastel with some Neopastels for details on Hahnemuhle Aniversary Watercolour paper 40x30 cm

Beautiful and serene. I love how you depicted where the water and the bank meet. ❤️
Thanks CaliAnn. I liked that area too, with the bright orangy/red reeds which I had to tone down so they didn't out compete the swans, which I added to make a more interesitng composition. Thanks Arnie

This is gorgeous, Arnie! I like the contrast of the reeds with the water colors very much and the overall calm feeling. You did such delicate work on the tree and the water behind it. The swans look right at home!

This is gorgeous, Arnie! I like the contrast of the reeds with the water colors very much and the overall calm feeling. You did such delicate work on the tree and the water behind it. The swans look right at home!
Thanks Donna. I started with the reeds and calm feel, and added the swans to complete the composition.

What gets me is the ripples in the water, caused of course by the movement of the swans and the water colors, the transitions from the shallow near the bank water and as it gets farther away, and your trees with their feet in water.
It's all lovely.

This is beautiful. I just love the water, and the tree in the foreground is really well done.

What they said! 👆😁

It really reminds me of Southard's Pond in the town of Babylon, NY – my old stomping grounds. Very similar look, with swans (and geese and ducks). And horses! There are bicycle and horse trails going through the area. Very nicely done!

--Rich

Back