The Gift Shop at Hinton Ampner

Arnie

mini-HintonAmpner_2.JPG

From a photo I took earlier in September. I reduced the size of the fg flower mass, and subdued the colour a bit to make it less distracting.
C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Sennelier Oil Pastel on Hahnemuhle Aniversary Watercolour paper 40x30 cm

This may be my new favorite of yours, Arnie. It's such a beautiful painting! I think the composition works so well to draw us in and around the flowers and back to those charming buildings.

Sumptuous! A pretty scene that you've rendered beautifully with those Senneliers. So full of color. Love it! ❤️

Beautiful painting Arnie - your paintings always have a nostalgic feel to them. ❤️
Thanks Cali. This is the nearest National Trust property to me which ive visited many times now. There mission is to preserve the past hence the nostalgic/chocolate box feel!

Arnie, this is the way I imagine an English garden and home. So beautiful and colorful. I would like to have a cupa there.

Arnie, this is the way I imagine an English garden and home. So beautiful and colorful. I would like to have a cupa there.
Thanks Jo. In summer they have tables and chairs out on the grass here, and a cafe selling snacks etc.

Thanks Eric and Wayne. Yes this is a bit of a throwback to a bygone age.

Back