September 2024 Water Media Challenge- Come join the fun!

PaintBoss, sorry to hear you had an other fall. It sounds terrible 😔. Hope you recover even though it takes time. You are in my thoughts. I also hope you find someone to host water media challenge. Challenges are nice. I do so little water media that I couldn't be a host besides I promised elsewhere to be host for Oct. and hosting many challenges simultaneously is just too much.

Ams, thank you for your kind comment! it wasn't me who is bothered by fumes when working with oils. Besides if you paint with top quality oils like Old Holland brand there are hardly any fumes in these oils. I don't use water soluble oils at all. But .. lately I've been concerned about cadmium colors. I might stop buying those as they are so toxic.

I'm so sorry to hear you fell again.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks everybody. Well, I’m pretty cheerful sitting here tonight in my bed. Slowly easing up but it’s taking a lot out of me. The problem is between meds that I must take and medical conditions, I’m falling asleep unexpectedly and repeatedly. And that can catch me on the side of the bed when I’m sitting up or sitting on a couch etc. I’ve been very lucky. I haven’t toppled over until now. Once I truly wake up in the day, I’m OK. Well, usually. A few years ago, I was constantly falling asleep midsentence or eating literally with a spoon or fork up to my mouth anytime.
I understand people are busy. I suppose if no one volunteers, I could do it -I can provide the pictures and comment, but I just probably won’t get around to doing any painting myself. If no one minds that, it could be doable. Truly just hosting. I need to focus on my other threads as I get better too. But if I find time and the energy and can do it, I will definitely pop a painting in!🙂

Last edited:
Christine - so sorry to hear you have had another bad fall! Do look after yourself.

Ive had the watercolor sketch of the white dog finished for ages, so today thought I'd better finish it and post it. In my Watercolor Sketchbook
20240924_143014.jpg

Oh I love it Vivien! Finn will be so flattered!🙂
You captured his sweet and very gentle spirit. That look he gives.Thanks so much for posting, and your kind thoughts. 🙏🏻

PaintBoss, that's exactly what I'll do when hosting next month, post refs, won't probably paint myself and comment every now and then whenever I can but not every day. Challenges are very time consuming both participating and hosting. At this moment I don't have time to paint more paintings, I need to finish some older stuff or everything gets badly behind.

Oh thanks Grapes. Sorry I didn’t realize that you were going to host. Maybe I missed it or forgot, its been crazy around here the last 3 weeks. If so, that’s awesome. Thank you!🙂👏🏻

Last edited:
Moscatel kindly explained to me privately that there was some confusion and she is hosting elsewhere. So if anyone wants to volunteer for October to host, that would be excellent. If not, I will host only and provide pictures. I will not submit any paintings unless time and health allows.

Last edited:
Vivien, I love how you did Christine's little dog! It must be especially good for you to know that you captured not only his look (too cute!) but also his sweet spirit.

I wish I had time to comment on all of the great works, and am glad this has been such an active month for the challenge. I just started playing around in my Canson XL watercolor sketchbook, 7 x 10 (hate the paper) and started to like it.

WhiteDog.jpeg

Oh my gosh…Joy! What a stunning portrait of Finn! Outstanding! I had no idea you’re so good at portraits too-even of the furry persuasion. 😍And this was just playing around in your watercolour sketchbook. Amazing.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Wait till I show my daughter these portraits. She is 23 and is a huge animal lover. She’s just going to be blown away by everyone’s work.
Well, I let out quite a yelp when I saw this and Finn has come to see what all the fuss is about!🙂🙂🙂
Gorgeous Joy, thank you so much for sharing. I am delighted! I’m so impressed by all the parts done so well to come together so beautifully.

I have never done digital Joe. It looks like there is a lot to learn. I am glad you chose this flower photo. I was hoping someone would use it. I think you did a good job with the composition and like how you got the right colours and used yellow to blend into the pink.

I took that picture myself with a normal camera in my city park years ago. They had many types of peonies blooming. It was during the week after I drop my daughter off at school and I had this huge park almost to myself. The temperature was lovely. I have good memories of that day.🙂

Back