August 2024 Water Media Challenge- Join the fun/ all welcome!

PaintBoss!! Then they're people like me: no matter how good quality of gouaches I have can't do anything with them. 🤣

Jo, thank you for your input and suggestion.

I forgot to mention that my painting was done with three colors - Hansa Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, and Ultramarine Blue.

Moscatel, I'm admiring your re-imagined glads from daffodils.

Just a tip, Joy, you can do with paper that is unsatisfactory. Coat with 2-3 or more layers of white gesso. Then lots more trial pieces can be done and if you do not like results, simply wipe off with a brush or rag. It gives the poor paper some backbone yet provides you with a sturdy reliable support.

Re-posting the apples after we returned home and I got a proper scan. Other photo was with my iPhone outdoors and has too much blue tint.
Apple Assortment.jpg

Well, I’ve ended up being quite busy. I think this will be my last for this challenge. This is a quick little ink and wash. I’m not that happy with it, but I’m going to post it. Watercolour and ink and a touch of gouache.
Today was the first day I was able to go to a restaurant in eight years. It wasn’t easy, but I was able to walk myself sometimes leaning on my husband or the walls. Just a few weeks ago was the first time I got out of my town except for hospital visits, and I went an hour away- to the beach. I just watched the boats and the people and it was beautiful. Today we went back to the marina and I was able to sit in the restaurant and have a meal and watch everything and it was an absolute joy. I’m pretty pooped. It was worth it. My daughter can’t believe it! So I thought I would just do a tiny painting tonight. It’s on junk paper only 70 pounds that’s not really meant for watercolor. And it’s about 2 1/2 by about 3 1/2 inches.
IMG_0064.jpeg

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

Thank you very much Moscate. I wasn’t sure if I should include the photos, but than thought…Oh go on! 😁 Glad you liked them.

PaintBoss, someone might want to paint them ... they would be wonderful references. Composition in the sea with dunes view is quite good and the umbrella viewed from window is perfect! You might want to add these to the next month's challenge, will you be hosting Sept.?

Moscatel, thank you. Well, I took the dune picture from a moving car, so I am pleased it turned out at all! Lol Yes maybe I’ll see what pictures I could use for a challenge here sometime.🙂

Joy, your apples look great.
Anne, your rose has a lovely soft look and the peonies turned out great.

John, your landscape is lovely.
Christine, I love the bold look of your cabin and the fence turned out great.
Moscatel, I think you and gwash are starting a beautiful friendship.;)
Kay, Your apples look delicious.

John, your landscape is lovely.
Christine, I love the bold look of your cabin and the fence turned out great.
Moscatel, I think you and gwash are starting a beautiful friendship.;)
Kay, Your apples look delicious.

Thanks!
Yay I got you to spell it how it should be spelled!! :)

Well, it seems like we’re winding down now for this challenge. So I would like to thank everyone who participated either by painting some pieces or who visited and commented or liked the work that was done. I was pretty impressed with you all! 👏🏻👏🏻
I see I’m going to have to practice and try to raise my game! Lol
As some of you know, I am hosting an abstract challenge on September 1. Is anyone interested in hosting this water media challenge for September? Let me know. If not, I will do it, but I won’t be able to submit as many pieces, I don’t think. I will have to see how my energy holds up. But I could host. If you can please let me know as soon as possible. If not, I will start getting some pictures together. Thank you.🙂

Back