Scavenger Hunt from Life #9 Jan 13 to Jan 21

Hi Joe, i love your Burt and Ernie! the texture tool I used for the backpack is the oil pastel tool

Jeannie- fantastic mug and landscape, cool perpective.

Ams- perfect shading and proportions on your lock. Very nice

Ai- great musical tool! I’ve often wonder how the old composers did it. Love your eerie sketches as well, I like that you posted both pics of the axe.

Triss- absolutely lovely shell. I love the textures.

Jennie Jo - Yay! Oh a fun mug for my virtual collection. We had the fire mentioned and my collection burned. Gene (spouse) forbid another collection so started the virtual one with my artist friends. Of course after the 10 years I have a pretty large real collection again as I love cups and mugs. Well done on the landscape. Thanks for joining in.

Joe, oh, how fun to see Bert and Ernie. They were in a couple of questions on Jeopardy! yesterday. Well done.

Sue, nice work with the charcoal. Another thing I don't care to do. Great find. Don't drink much whisky but took a tour in Kentucky a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I saw Burt and Ernie in the muppets category too Aunt Jo!

Last edited:
Reactions: ams
I won't get any more sketching today. Thanks all for the nice comments.

Jennie Jo, I like the simple joy sketch.

Anne, your strong lock is fabulous.

Ai, ah, I hadn't seen a metronome in ages. I think EP sketched one once. Nice job. Not so sure about the ax with revisions. You did a great job on it before you made is scary. Ha.

Mary, love the orange sketch. Nice gift. Thanks for the fun Hunt!!

Triss, nice find for delicate and beautifully done.

See all y'all next Hunt.

I finished one more for this hunt but didn't get a chance to post it earlier.

#6, Something that fixes.
My husband and I have used binder clips to fix so many things that when something breaks we laugh and ask if we can fix it with a binder clip.

20220120Sk6 Paper Clips (SH9,#6).png

Thanks Jo, Joe, Mary for kind comments.

Anne: You have done wonderful job with clips... I have always struggled with the perspective and how to leave white for the little rod part.

Joe - Fun sketch of the finger puppets! I like the lightly-drawn bodies with the focus kept on their faces,

JennieJo - Wonderful drawings, so glad you reposted them! I love the landscape - so much interesting stuff going on with all the shapes, and the lyrical lines in your tree sketch are beautiful.

ams - Great shading on the lock, and I'm really enjoying the texture you get from the water soluble graphite.

Ai - I like the bold, clean lines in the metronome sketch, very nicely drawn. And the bloodied axe made me laugh - brilliant choice!

Mary - Fab colour and bold design - and a very cool backpack! Thanks for hosting this week's hunt.

#5 - Something delicate. Shell. Actually did this one for the weekly challenge, but thought I'd stick in here for anyone interested in this week's oil/soft pastel ground experiments. This is oil pastel over the same acrylic/gesso mix I used for the last soft pastel sketch. The oil pastels were not happy with the surface. How surprising. A1-ish (wallpaper lining roll).
View attachment 17659
Love the way you have created textures and luminescence contacts. I have a huge shell I am going to have another shot at.

Anne, ah, the clips are super. I can never find one when I need it. Super shading and perspective.

Mary, thanks for the fun Hunt. See all y'all on the new Hunt.

Anne. Your binder clips are great! The door lock is a real tight sketch, nice

JmFl. Bert and Ernie is a fun sketch subject. You got the vice grip form solid with subtitle suoer shading, super work.

Jennie nice mug I love the cropped landscape, learned something there.
Sue good catch on the ginger root body language. gorgeous barrels I like the way they receded off into the dark and butt up to the front edge of the scene. Second what Ai said, an lovely atmospheric feel.

Ai. Thanks for the thumb ring tip. I will keep it in mind. sweet boats . The scenes have a large depth and the boats and people look happy on the water and moving.....pleasant to look at.

Triss - colorful landscapes...you must spend a lot of time outside?

Jo - I love reading your lovely comments to everyone. As someone once said “What well behaved dots you have Grandma. All the better to paint with!” :>}

Mary THANKS FOR HOSTING ...

ams - Lovely combination of sharp drawing and looser shading for the clips - great result!

Robin - I do like getting outside to draw. I've been pretty lazy about it lately, so I was overcompensating a bit this week.

Back