Scavenger Hunt from Life #81: Aug 22- Aug 30

Jo, thanks. Not a blue lobster. They just have a tint of a blue color (especially the legs) before they go into the pot and then turn red. I don't know what makes them change from nearly black to red. Glad you got out to hear some music.

Ai, pretty bouquet of flowers from the market. Super sized banyan tree! You captured it well. Fun old, classic Fiat. You find so many fun things to sketch.

#9 buildIng -- By Bangluang Canal
#10 water -- boat scene

1000019306.jpg

1000019305.jpg

1000019319.jpg

wonderful to see everyones sketches!!! Love the photos from Thailand and the past visit of Jo and Joan......awesome!

maybe I can get a couple sketches in before the next hunt....but there is so many direct necessary duties I have to be careful to get rest.

Meanwhile - keep sketching!

Ai, the sepia ink looks great in your sketch of the canal building and the boat. Thanks for sharing so much of your part of the world.

Robin, it is good to see you. Make sure you are taking care of yourself. That is important!!

Ai, wow nice vase with flowers at the store/cafe. Love the color in what seem to be dried flowers. The banyon tree is amazing and your sketch is super. The old Fiat is great, reminds me of the little cars when we were in Chile. Your old building and boat are pieces of history. Nice.

Joan, thanks for the lobster info. We get more crawfish to try here. I'm smiling.

Robin, wonderful to "see" you. Take care of yourself, too. Stress is a big part of our (caretaker) lives at this age. Hugs....

We were busy the last couple of days preparing and celebrating Gene's 32nd anniversary of his 50th birthday. We had our local kiddos and the musician neighbors. I fixed New Mexico food with German Chocolate Cake and Flan for dessert. Flan for the gluten-free. It was a good day. Today Gene went on the trike so I went to one of the benches by the pond to sketch. I took photos a la Ai. Our ponds are so low in this drought.
Number 4 water view and Number 5 landscape. I forgot a pen so had to do direct watercolor.

csshfl81water-view.jpg

csshfl81landscape.jpg

cswaterview.jpg

landscape-sketch.jpg

Joan - how often does the ferry come? I'm speaking about your sketch of "There's always the next ferry" hut. Well done, by the way, with the blue walls and orange life rings. Oh ho there is your phone on the couch. Lovely colours on the lobster with bonus splatter (I'm a fan of splatter!)
joe1lt - aha I thought it was a lamy safari!
Ai - that is a cool seed pod - what plant is that from? I wonder. That big tree resembles a banyan tree? You've seen the photos of the banyan tree in lahaina that was planted in the 1870s? Maui county was spraying water to try to ensure the tree withstands the fire. Oh my goodness that red roof is looking ... dangerous to people?
Jo - yay the pond! Thanks for the photos of the scene!

Hi all 👋

I'm home ( with internet again -- not 100% sure if that is a good or bad thing :) ). Great vacation.
I enjoyed catching up by looking at the 2 hunts I missed.

Ai -- that tree is amazing.

Joan: Thanks. I love your sketch of the house front porch... nice lines on the phone and glasses items. Of course, I'm drooling over the blue giant claws.

Jo: Thanks. What a wonderful area shown in your sketch.

NedL: Thanks. Hope you get some time to sketch.

Ai - like the bottle and fruit for an opener. Great waiting room entertainment sketch. Exploding Lamy does not sound fun. Okay banyan tree looks great but that dies nit look like ton in the painting. Also what is the table behind him and what is on it? Curious. Neat old Fiat. Love the building which looks like it has had better days.

Joan - You have really nailed painting people. Am assuming that”There’s always the next ferry.” Is a fun bar. Nice job on hone and glasses. Yummy lobster! Clever outside your car.

Jo - love seeing photo of you and Joan. Looks like a couple of shorties. Think I would finish 5he grape jelly before the salsa. Love the pond sketches and photos.

Joe1 - The clip on the Lamy is always the clue to the brand. Nice work on the bottle.

Robin - Another caretaker rooting for you getting a couple of sketches in this hunt.

EP, love the unicorn comment.

Ned, welcome home.

#1 found in an office. Stapler. couple of grades of graphite using 2mm lead holder In a roughly A5 size sketchboo.

IMG_1930.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Jo, I like your direct watercolors of the pond and the landscape. Sounds like a good birthday celebration for Gene. Yay!!

EP, I'm not sure about the ferry schedule. At this time of year they are probably fairly often since it is the busy season for the communities on Fire Island. It calms down a lot after Labor Day and the kiddies go back to school. I've never taken the ferry that leaves from this dock. Glad you like the lobster and the splatters. I like them too.

Ned, welcome home and the land of the internet. Glad you had a great vacation.

Fletch, almost missed your post. Nice shading on that useful stapler. Thanks for your comment.

11 - seen in the park - watercolors, watercolor pencils and white ink

IMG_3216.jpeg

Joan, love your goose in the park!! They are so curious, at least the ones here come right up to you.

Fletch, the stapler looks like it could be used. I needed one the other day, shudda looked here. Nice work.

Thanks, eyepaint and Ai.

Good to see you back, Ned.

Joe: Thanks. The several colorful clothes wrapping around the banyan tree trunk is the decor for the tree's spirit. The white table behind Tone was where people put down their offering food to the tree spirit. We believe that big tree has spirit here, especially the giant banyan trees in Thailand. Many times, those colorful clothes help save the tree from being cut down.

Joan: Super cute goose sketch. love it.

Ai, thanks. I thought that was Tone! Good photo.

I sketched on the porch. We have two days under 100º and maybe a sprinkle, yay! Number 6 something next to you. Gene's binoculars for bird watching. Hard through the screen, though. Ha.
csshfl81next-to-you.jpg

Ai - Thanks. More people should have that approach to caring for nature.

Joan - Love the soft fluffy texture you achieved on the goose‘s belly.

Jo - Great job hatching on the table and the binoculars.

keep sketching
Fletch

Thanks, Jo, Ai, and Fletch for your comments on the goose. I'm just glad there were a lot of them because when the one I was sketching turned away there was usually another one and the same position. lol

Jo, binoculars are good to have nearby so you can see all the way to the lake. Nice detail to them.

I pulled out a medium I don't usually use but has been sitting in my cabinet for a long time.

12 - sweet - colored pencils and ink

IMG_3250.jpeg

13 - spicy - colored pencils and ink

IMG_3247.jpeg

14 - container - colored pencils and ink

IMG_3249.jpeg

Ai - oooh lotus seed pod - thank you. I've done an image search and indeed - yay!
Joe - glad you enjoyed the unicorn comment. Yahoo stapler
Joan - you found a wonderful Canada Goose - yay - fun coloured pencil pieces with the checkerboard cap on the Fig Preserves jar.
Jo - ooh binoculars!

Phew - a few sketches

ink, 5x8" page

1. Something with holes - cheese grater
2. Something with stripes - Parmesan cheese bottle label
3. Something with a zipper - cosmetic pouch
4. Something with buttons - remote control
5. Something with a handle - knife sharpener

hunt81-02.jpg

hunt81-01.jpg

Cheers,

Back