Scavenger Hunt from Life #64: Apr 8 - April 16

#2 c) Flower -- amarylis of my SIL's neighbor in Atlanta...done in directwatercolor ...We are heading back to Thailand soon... Bye you all

20230414_165553.jpg

Thanks so much Joan ....nice lines in all your sketches...We hope we can fly out OK as plan in 2 hours ..but the airlines just announced of 47 people overbooking ...Eek !!!

Paul: if I dont get to sketch more ...thanks for hosting

Joan: the teapots are in a set of show pieces..though all of them have a srparate lids; however, my SIL just keep them in her show cabinet ..though the big one can be in real use..... our flight is 2 hops (14.5 hr from Atlanta to Seoul, Korea...then transit for 4 hours and then 5.5 hours to Bangkok).

Ai, wishing you the best and safe trip. What a long flight. Our longest in South America was 10 hours Peru to Los Angeles. When we first went down it took about 20 hours because there were so many stops, but the flights weren't long in between. Rest up when you get home!! Beautiful sketches/paintings of the tea pots and flowers. Wow. Lovely.

Joan, I like your line drawings of nozzle, opener (surprised at that ...evil grin) and razor. We drink mostly box Franzia wine. The cabernet is from Chile. In a box it doesn't go bad as no air gets in so lasts longer. Of course around here it doesn't last long anyway. Ha.

Thanks....

Joan: Thanks... I have been meeting my brother and sister
every Thursday for the past month at Panera's for coffee
and a blueberry muffin it is a nice place and the blueberry
muffins are pretty darn good! Well done nozel, opener, and razor.

Jo: Thanks and great sketch of the chair and room where
you sketch looks very comfy... Unfortunately, I don't really have
much recall from my youthful days so although I know they
were in use just no recall. I couldn't tell you what my Fridge
looked like never mind what was in it.

Ai: Thanks... great set up of Tone's SIL's teapot collection.
Great flower painting. Have a safe trip home!

Beautiful flower, Paul.
Ha, we go through old times every once in a while and it is so interesting what we remember. For instance I would like to remember my grandmothers more, but instead I remember the ice trays. Why is that?? I'm smiling.

I sketched in my chair with my feet up and the blanket on the footstool.
Number 6, something that keeps you warm - blanket, it is burnt orange and white don't cha know.
Number 7, something that holds things together - fingers holding postcard
In the ArtStreet sketchbook with an Ohuhu B I thought B would be brush, but it has a stiff nib like a marker??

csshfl64warm.jpg

Hello All from Inchon, Seoul International airport. We made it thru 14.5 hour flight..waiting for 4 hours more transit before our last leg of 5.5 hr to Bangkok... Thanks all for your good vibe.

hi: Ned

Jo:
cool line sketches

Paul: Lovely delicate flower sketch.

I'll post my sketches first, then return with comments. Ink, 5x8" page.

1. ring
2. razor
3. tweezers
4. ice cube tray
5. can opener
6. spray bottle top
7. dust pan for cleaning up small messes

hunt63-01.jpg

Cheers,

Bghisley and daughter - yay happy colour on your lunchbox. Love the greens in your landscape. Yahoo flowers (poppies?)
Sylwia - clothespins pinch when they're working (like a vacuum that sucks ... works!)
Joan - oh the bouquet in the glass jar is so well done!! Also - luscious blues on that patio umbrella
joe1lt - mmm Easter yummies :) Oooh thanks for the link to the art video ...
Ai - yum apple. Lovely collection of teapots :) Yay amarylis - yummy reds!! Oh yay you made it to Korea!
Paul - wonderful detail on the car
Jo - wet gunny sacks! ice block ice box! Yay for memories :) Lovely art behind your cozy chair and footstool. I know people who flew from Toronto (Canada) down to Rio (?) in Brazil ... with no carry on luggage (it was just after some sort of terror event so they allowed nobody to carry anything on ... people had to stuff a novel into a coat pocket ... a long time to fly without your items!) Yay cozy blanket
Ned - hello!

Ai, thanks. I'm glad you made the first leg of the trip OK. Nothing like wondering if you were going to get on the plane.

Jo, thanks. I use that opener more to pop the tops of jars of sauce so I can open them. lol I don't really drink a lot of wine and when I do I have one of those openers with the arms that you press down to make the cork come out. Looks like you've got a nice, warm Texas blanket there. It's always nice to get postcards.

Paul, that's nice that you can meet with your family. Mine isn't near enough to meet with and I miss that...GA, NJ and Maine. Too far for coffee and muffins. Had a mini reunion recently with 2 of my sisters and we were talking about early memories and family. We all remember things differently or at least different parts of stories. Wish we had asked more questions when we were younger and my parents and grandparents were still around. Nice flower!!

Hi, Ned!

EP, your nozzle looks like it is related to my nozzle. Nice set of sketches as always. Can't imagine traveling without carry-ons to help pass the time. Yikes!!! A long trip is hard enough! Thanks for your comments.

Nothing new from me that fits the hunt.

Ai, thanks. I'm glad you made the first leg of the trip OK. Nothing like wondering if you were going to get on the plane.

Jo, thanks. I use that opener more to pop the tops of jars of sauce so I can open them. lol I don't really drink a lot of wine and when I do I have one of those openers with the arms that you press down to make the cork come out. Looks like you've got a nice, warm Texas blanket there. It's always nice to get postcards.

Paul, that's nice that you can meet with your family. Mine isn't near enough to meet with and I miss that...GA, NJ and Maine. Too far for coffee and muffins. Had a mini reunion recently with 2 of my sisters and we were talking about early memories and family. We all remember things differently or at least different parts of stories. Wish we had asked more questions when we were younger and my parents and grandparents were still around. Nice flower!!

Hi, Ned!

EP, your nozzle looks like it is related to my nozzle. Nice set of sketches as always. Can't imagine traveling without carry-ons to help pass the time. Yikes!!! A long trip is hard enough! Thanks for your comments.

12 - something I can eat - watercolors
IMG_2181 (1).jpeg

Hey, Ned! See ya soon.

Ai, wow. Happy you made the first long leg of the flight. So tiring. Hugs all around.

EP, as usual you make me smile. I like the croppings and colors and lines and hatching and all of it!

Joan, you eat your wine! The grapes and shadows are so lovely and natural looking. I didn't have any wine this evening. Hmmm.

Jo: Thanks...memories are difficult especially as we age. What
we remember and why is confounding to say the least. I too
wish I had more control over what I recall and what I dont.
If you figure it out I would love to hear about it. Great finish
with the blanket and hand, well drawn.

Ned: hi

Ai: Thanks... you must be excited heading home and alomost there.
Like getting away but love coming home!

eyepaint: Thanks.. great collecttion and finds for your sketches love your colored
ink choices. All well done.

Joan: Thanks... Grapes make for fun snacking... and drinking!

Sylwia: Thanks

See you all in the next hunt

Missed most of this hunt but thanks to Danny Gregory’s. Creative Liscence being a long-standing bathroom read, specifically page 144 Emergency Intervention PepTalk…… came a flower study…columbines are amazing but not as amazing as ya’ll!
8DF02906-666C-465D-BB48-44A347096627.jpeg
848DD5AF-14CD-4D08-A8FD-6B8EADC7B6E1.jpeg
59E541C8-B10D-4A43-8DFF-1C37A5DFF97E.jpeg
thanks for hosting PaulM

Jo, I did have wine tonight while I was cooking and added it into the recipe. lol

Robin, sorry you didn't have much of a chance to sketch. Your sketches of the columbines are really great! You made them look really delicate.

Paul, thanks for hosting.

Back