Scavenger Hunt from Life #64: Apr 8 - April 16

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Eyepaint, thanks! Need to sketch Geralt more. And Ka. And Caleb...

Couple more.

#3 One of my lunchboxes
#4 Something round, my portable ashtray (really not sure if it fits in the description)
IMG20230412064210.jpg

Sylwia - lovely reds among all those greens
Paul - yay! happy blue Easter bunny! Woo hoo ice cube tray with bonus perspective!
Robin - take a look at the initial letters for the list and read all the way down :)
Jo - great razor and fingers
EP, thanks. You are so clever...... The book is after my time. Ha.

Eva, Bghisly, the lunchbox is great and the round container is definitely round.

Sylwia, love the clothespins in the brilliant colors.

Ai, thanks so much. You've done more great views from up at the cabin...nice!! Good job on the opener and the mallet. I have one just like it. Wishing you safe travels as you, Tone, and the girls head home.

Bghisley and daughter, welcome. I'm glad you are joining us. Nice sketches...love the cat! Looks like he likes posing. Super fun lunchbox! Fun looking food...although something unfamiliar to me. Nice landscape with the buildings.

Jo, thanks for your comments!!! Hope your car repairs got done.

Paul, I didn't try the Crazy Dogs. I happened across the truck by accident and unless I read something about them I'm not trying them. lol Hot dogs aren't something I usually eat. lol Glad you didn't give up on the ice cube tray. It came out good. They are tricky. Remember the old metal ones???

Sylwia, great job on the colorful clothespins. They made me smile.

5 - shrubs - direct watercolor
IMG_2165.jpeg

6 - jar - watercolors and ink

IMG_2161.jpeg

7 - chairs - watercolors and ink
8 - vehicle

IMG_2160.jpeg

Bghisly, Eva, Your plate of veggies is so nicely done. The landscape is great, nice variety of greens.

Joan, thanks, the car repair took about 30 minutes in the driveway! Hour flowering shrubs are beautiful. Your jar of flowers is so sweet and springtime memories. As always a great car and umbrella and scene.

I did a watercolor for the challenge here, but from a photo so doesn't fit here. Maybe tomorrow.

you have all done wonderful drawings and paintings.

if it is of interest tonight there is a live broadcast with the artists Dylan and Sara,

they're drawing from a photograph today, but it's a photo of Paul Heaston, it'll be the 3 of them, they'll talk to Paul Heaston that he's another incredible artist, Heaston is incredible, he makes impressive ink drawings, absurd perspectives. I think you will like to look for him and see his works

also in the video they will show his works, the program and talking to a guest while drawing him and showing and talking about his works

joe1lt, love the chocolate eggs (yummy) and the pastiera sounds good, too. Thanks for the video and idea.

Ai, mmmm, watercolor apple. I love painting apples. You did great.

Paul, nice vehicle. A real sedan. Mmmm, on the building with bread as the main show!!

We were in Austin all day so no sketching.

There are so good sketches here! I love them all!

Joe1it, love Paul Heaston. Follow him on insta and love how easy it looks what he does. Loved his recently video when he sketched himself looking on a mirror. So thank you for the video!

And here's another one
# 7 flower

IMG_20230414_072740.jpg

Ai; Thanks... nice scenes from North Carolina with the road mill and red barn
Great to sketch your travels. Great job on kitchen tools the opener is particularly
well done. That apple really looks life like and delicious.

Jo: Thanks

Bghisly and Daughter: Interesting lunch box and ash tray both well done. Those
pencas de acelgas look delicious. When I did google translate it says chard
stalks so I guess they are chard stalks. Looks like deep fried mmm. That landscape is great
as well as the flowers love the trees.

Joan: Thanks. Not a big fan of the hot dog but when no one is looking I might just
have a couple They don't have the best reputation for healthy eating for sure.
I don't really recall the metal ice cube trays hmmm... Those yellow shrubs
are beautiful as well as the flowers in the glass vase. Well done vehicle and love the
color on the umbrella

Sylwia: Great colors on those close pins.

Joe1lt: Nice sketch of the food. Looks like you had some tasty food for Easter.
Although I haven't participated in those youtube sketches I have watched
them and they are very good and entertaining thanks for the reference.

Jo, thanks. Glad the car repair was done quickly. It is so unusual that they came to the house.

Sylwia, thanks so much.

Joe 1, nice sketch of your Easter treats.

Ai, nice juicy-looking apple.

Paul, thanks for your comment. Nice job on the car...and even the inside of it. Ah...Panera...a place I like to go to sketch people while I nurse a coffee. Nice!!

Bghisly and Daughter, such a pretty poppy!!!

Bghisly, love the watercolor poppies.

Joan, thanks.

Paul you should look up metal trays. I see they are made of stainless steel now. Aluminum in the old days. We had a fridge with the freezer compartment held just two metal trays. The ice stuck to them. They put a lever on the trays and then the ice came out all broken up. Shoot I even remember we had an icebox with the big blocks of ice in them. Our neighbor used to have a shelf out a window on the north side of the house and kept wet gunny sacks around it to cool the "cold box". Olden times.

I sat on the couch and sketched my chair and footstool. Absolutely the best place to sketch. Too early for the glass of wine on the table. In the ArtStreet sketchbook with an Ohuhu 03 pen. Number 5, room or favorite place.

csshfl64room.jpg

Jo:...amazing couch sketch...so cozy and inviting...

Joan: wow...all three sketches are so gorgeous..I esp. love spring bouquet

Bghisly: Welcome...so nice hsppy sketches from you.

Jo & Paul, we had the aluminum trays for a long time...two of them in the tiny freezer compartment. You definitely didn't get a lot of ice. My mom had a big picnic jug that we took to the beach and it always took all the ice we had and could have used more. They were messy to use but I liked the sound of the ice cracking. lol

Jo, that's a nice view of the cosy chair and ottoman. Isn't it 5:00 somewhere?

Ai, thank you. What pretty teapots! Are the tiny ones used for anything? Your sketch of them is really nice. Just wondering when you arrive back home. I know it is a long trip. Did you have a long layover going back? I think it is usually shorter on the return trip.

Back