Scavenger Hunt from Life #64: Apr 8 - April 16

Hi friends

MPaul…differvent sort of list, I like it….from. Danny Gregory book? Probably not familiar with many sketching publications……Really good depiction of room…

lots of fun sketches

Ai…you make markers look so artsie

sylwia…I echo EP love the white gel roll accents…

Joan…looks like a fun Easter parade

#1a flower - watercolours, blue inktense pencil, white gel roll in A5 sketchbook

1681119750888.jpg

Robin: Thanks.... I will have to check out the Books by Danny Gregory they sound interesting but no that was not the book ;), nice try

Joan: Thanks love the Easter parade hats and Easter Buny. Like the arrnagement and
colorof your flowers. Nice tree looks like a cherry blossom tree, looks like
spring has sprung in NY!

Ai: Thanks, look at all those sketches! Nice Easter candy sketch malted milk
balls is one of my favorites. Great job on the Iris and Lilly love the color.
Well done dog nice negative sketch. Not sure of the name of those weeds
but could possibly what is called Deadly Night Shade which is poisonous,
can cause rash or itch. I have some in my yard and I sometimes break out.
It is simiallr to poison ivy

Sylwia: Thanks... Great watercolor flowers, well done I particualry like the color scheme
The bird look quite at home. Like the use of pencil in the watercolor. Wow 1a. eye popping
flowers..

Eyepaint: Thanks.... ahh good guess that was the book! (y)

Mpaul and EP…list is from .a book by Tolkien, Ummmm, have not idea what loop you two are in but you are blowing my little mind!

I'll be back to comment.
In the Ohuhu sketchbook with Micron 02
Number 1, razor
Number 2, something that pinches
Number 3, something you eat
Nuimber 4, trees or wood

csshfl64razor.jpg

csshfl64wood.jpg

All: thanks.

Paul: super cute bunny and broom...

Jo: love your razor, hand, tree, and snack package.

We are back to Tone's sister's mountain cabin in Franklin, NC for 2 nights...before heading back to Thailand...

#5 decoration at the cabin wall...wc+markers

20230410_180108.jpg

Ai, how fun that you got to sketch an iris and lily flower like the girls. :) I like the backyard sketch with the blue house. Boots looks like he was very cooperative.

EP, thanks. It was hard tracking down that bunny. He didn't want to stay still for sketches...only photos. lol

Hi, Robin! The Easter Hat Parade was fun but a little chaotic.

Sylwia, another lovely flower sketch!!

Paul, nice sketches there...Manly Man Lotion? Sounds interesting. Impressive razor and broom.

Jo, looks like someone's been snacking on the protein bar. Nice electric razor!

Ai, you're sketching some interesting views from the cabin. Enjoy your last few days. Great talking to you the other day...maybe in person sometime again...

4 - outside view of the street - watercolors and ink (I saw this and had to make a u-turn and find a spot to sketch it. Didn't try the food.)

IMG_2155.jpeg

Joan: Thank you...love the mobile food truck sketch.

EP: The dog is a lab mixed ... Thanks for the bluebell info.

Paul, your room and out the window comment was great! The items in the bunny sketch are super as well. I like the sound of your lotion. Great broom and razor sketches. I've been looking for an odd hinge but haven't found one.

Joan, your Easter parade sketches were super. Love the "real" bunny and the hats. Your direct flowers are so nice. Fun to see them in baskets. Pretty pink tree. The hot dog food truck looks amazing .... and has flags! The protein bars are gluten free and so addictive. Several flavors and sort of healthy. I got them for Gene to eat before he goes on his trike and I like them, too.

Ai, love your candies. I didn't get any malted milk balls this year. My favorite of the Easter stuff. Lovely sketch. Your flowers are beauties. Love iris and the lily is beautiful. Boots looks sweet and he posed for you or stayed still for a time. Yay. The landscape is so nice. I don't know the flowers but they are beautiful. Good that you got to visit the cabin again. Gorgeous area. Your bird in house and the landscape are wonderful memories for you. Safe travels. Hugs all around.

Sylwia, yes we need to get our furniture and carpet down on the porch so we can sit again. I love your blue flowers and the animal .. pigeon? Nice lines and coloring. I especially like the red ones.

Hi EP, you are always so good for our research department! Sounds like bad pretty flowers.

Hi Robin.

Bghisly and daughter, you are both more than welcome!! Clever on the pinches and nice for Geralt to be still for a bit. Nice forms and in watercolor.

We have the Ford mechanics coming tomorrow. There is a recall on a part and they are coming to fix it here. So nice that we don't have to go to the garage and wait for a long time. Yay. Maybe a sketch....

Jo: love your sketches of the razor, pinching fingers, tree and protein bar (I indulge
in protein bars myself, nice). They are all well done but I particularly like the tree.
My nephew's wife gave me the lotion at Easter when they came over for dinner.
She makes soaps and lotions +++ other things at her place of business.
Ai: Thanks.. great decoration on the cabin wall and ouside cabin view.

Joan:
Thanks... Lotion was a gift from my nephew's wife and I have already started using it.
Great food truck I love eating food from food trucks when I go into Cambridge they all seem
to have such amazing food. You get any of the Krazy dogs?

Eva: Welcome... and great way to start those sketches are quite nice love the animal best.

COuntry scenes at Franklin, North Carolina...about 8x10 inch on wc paper

#7 round -- the roadside mill
#8 favorite place -- the red barn... I envy those chickens inside the barn...ocasionally they walk outside to the open wide green grass

20230411_121919.jpg

20230411_121950.jpg

Paul, Thanks. Surprised to see an ice cube tray. Congrats and looks pretty good.

Ai, nice finds of the water mill, so nice, and the scenery and barn. I love red barns. Thanks! Great cork screw. I haven't seen the meat pounder (can't think of what it is called) in ages. Nicely done.

Joe, hey there. Thanks for the research.

Sylwia - lovely reds among all those greens
Paul - yay! happy blue Easter bunny! Woo hoo ice cube tray with bonus perspective!
Robin - take a look at the initial letters for the list and read all the way down :)
Jo - great razor and fingers
Ai - lovely decoration blue bird! Yahoo the lab guess :) Yahoo water whleel!
Joan - yahoo your red and yellow trailer with the hot dogs :)
Bghisly and daughter / Eva - welcome! Yay kitty!
Jo - apparantly those pretty little flowers are a weed - which is the "right plant in the wrong place" or so I read.

Back