Scavenger Hunt from Life #45: Nov 7 - Nov 15

Sylwia. Is that a metal wine cork? Clever for wood a fin fish. Good job.

Ai, I like your hand full of goodies. Fast work. Well done.

Robin, beautiful vase. Interesting mask. Is that a stove replica? Cool.

Joe, thanks. That big clip could come in handy. I hope you post the inky iguana when it is done. Glad you are keeping the sketching momentum going!

Jo, I like your two items held in your hand. Nice decorative container that hits two items...ceramic and metal.

Ai, I like the sketch of your hand with so many hunt items...cute fish earring.

Robin, you have some interesting items there. Art they at home or a museum?

8 - steps - watercolors and ink
9 - store front

IMG_1267.jpeg

10 - vehicle - watercolors and ink
11 - safety cones (subs for fire hydrant)

IMG_1270.jpeg

Nice to see everyone’s work

Sylvia gentle soft pastels look soothing

Jo - great hands in sketches. The metal object is an oriental candle lantern powder coated cast iron stands about ten twelve inches high.

Joan, lovely fall pieces....my hubbie traveled extensively back in the day and has collected many lovely things.

Joe Fl - so glad to see you back. Yep, a drawing a day keeps the blues away!

4- outside ornament
5- tool
6- hallway
D61A03E6-C8C3-4843-B1E1-E660D7C9CF5F.jpeg
8BC402B3-2E11-4709-9D1C-3F13BEC042E2.jpeg

Joan, your sketches always amaze me. Love the storefront and the vehicles are well done and a super find.

Robin, I thought it looked like a pot belly stove but with the lid??? Thanks. I like your hallway. Gene keeps a Leatherman tool on hand. Complicated to draw!

I sketched in my hand again in the ArtStreet book with a Micron 02 this time.
#4 plastic - container
#5 wood - toothpicks

Happy Birthday to the US Marines yesterday and to all the Veterans today, Happy Veterans Day and thank you for your service. I know Joe is a veteran. Others??

csshfl45wood.jpg

Jo - Love the hatching on the glass mug and the little container. And on the toothpicks too!

Sylvia - Nice finds and well done. The fish soy sauce bottle made me smile.

Ai -That’s a lot of stuff in such a small hand. Nicely done.

Robin - I am with Joan. They look like museum pieces. Love the hatching on the candle lantern that looks like a pot bell stove.

Joan - Continue to marvel at your landscapes. One day I will learn watercolor well enough to do a decent landscape.

Robin - Nice job on the Leatherman! The hall looks mysterious.

#3 Tool - Awl. Ink in my pocket sketchbook. Done yesterday but missed getting it posted.
#4 Outside Ornament ink in pocket sketchbook. Done today.
D0DA3D30-FAB9-474B-B416-9D19023B74E4.jpeg

670B7D99-E13B-4476-B0C2-B5730EB645AC.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks, all.

Joe, love the perspective on the awl. Cute ornament. Like your hatching.

Sylwia, good find for glass. I like seeing your hands.

Another for me, in the ArtStreet book with a Micron 02
Number 6 ceramic - cup from Chile, burned in fire so not the bright blue and white of yore. You can look up Pablo Zabol online. Some of the little animals and cups are over $100 now. We had about 50 I think. Gene used to buy me one every time he went to lunch at Parque O'Higgans.
Number 7, tool - pocket ruler that has fraction to centimeters from 16th to 64th on the back.

csshfl45-ceramic.jpg

Finally something without hands.
Number 8, mailbox - some around the corner and down a couple of streets
Number 9, fire hydrant - at the firehouse
In the new Canson Mixed Media sketchbook, 9 x 12 inches, half page each. Micron 03 and watercolor
It was cool today so sketched from my portable studio a la Joan. It was too windy for plein air. Gene went with me.

csshfl45mailbox.jpg

csshfl45fire-hydrant.jpg

Thank you, @Jo Castillo. I like drawing hands. :) I've looked up Pablo Zabol online, his ceramic figurines are really beautiful.

#6 seasonal, water-soluble pencils, A4 sketchbook

1668317045444.jpg

Sylwia - like the style and media combination. Makes great backgrounds that make the objects pop more. Thanks for kind words.

jo - nice pen work. Made a copy of the cup to look closer at your hatching. Why do rows of mailboxes like that look so rural? Nice job. Know you don’t like drawing cars but that one is really good.

Missed drawing yesterday but had a great excuse. As soon as I think of one I will post it.😎

Keep sketching
Joe

Robin, thanks. I like your vase and that Swiss army knife sketch. Great job on the hallway too!

Jo, thanks so much. You did a great job on the hand holding the container of toothpicks...maybe for appetizers? Nice Veterans Day sketches. Jerry served in the Army and was stationed in Germany for his tour...luckily didn't get sent to 'Nam. He did meet his best friend in Germany, who we were visiting in Texas the time I met up with you. Glad you have some treasures that survived the fire. Nice sketch of the lineup of mailboxes...made me smile. I always think of vacations up in Maine and the mailboxes on the rural roads. Good job on the firehouse with that hydrant so well placed.

Joe, thank you. I get in a lot of practice with landscapes since I go out every day. That awl is awesome...love the perspective but I'd better not get too close to the computer screen! I might get poked. Good outdoor ornament. Nice ink sketch of the brushes in the jar!

Sylwia, nice lineup of seasonal fruit! Yummy!!

I did a little research on this building which is part of the Cutchogue New Suffolk Free Library. The part with the steeple was originally a church built by the Independent Congregational Church and Society in 1862. The congregation moved back to their original church and this building was leased to the town for a library. Over the years it was renovated and this section now houses the children's library. It is a beautiful building inside and out and very striking with the old church attached to the modern structure. (photo below)Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 5.58.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 5.58.59 PM.png

12 - outdoor ornament on top of the steeple - watercolors
IMG_1277.jpeg

Last edited:
Sylwia-J-D: Thank you ... your works are inspiring. Love your fruits with yummy lined background.
Joan: Wow... spectacular both the real church and your sketch memoir of it.
Joe: Nice set of brushes in a glass jar.
Jo: Love your happy vibrant works with colors... Love your red fire station.
Robin: Fantastic dancing lines on color on the ceramic vase.

All: Hello ... I'm slow at this Hunt ... plus I could not loginto CS for more than 24 hr.... It would not come up at all on my end but glad I can get in to see glorious arts finally.

Last edited:
@jmfletch – superb sketched brushes

@Joan T thank you for sharing information about the library and church. It looks great.

Thank you all for your nice comments.

#6a. Seasonal – watercolour and water-soluble pencils, A5 sketchbook.

1668417924460.jpg

Joan - Thank you for sharing the history behind the church, the view of the whole building today and your beautiful painting.

Ai 👋🏽

Sylwia - Nicely done. Trying to think of a way to describe your style. It is watercolor but not the typical flat washes. It is more painterly like oils where you can see the brush strokes. 👍🏽

Hopefully I will be back later with a sketch or two.
Keep sketching
joe

Joe, well done on your glass jar and brushes. Guess you ran out of excuses. Gene says to say reasons instead of excuses, more positive. Ha.

joan the church is amazing as is your drawing. Applause!
I
Sylwia, I like t composition for seasonal 6a. Fun and painterly.

Ai, thanks. Glad you were finally able to get into the site.

Sylwia, thanks so much.

Joe, thanks a heap!

Jo, thanks. I made sure to do the view with the flag for you.

Back