Scavenger Hunt from Life #45: Nov 7 - Nov 15

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you've participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/page-4

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
* All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo reference.
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes / parts / colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be # 1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
* Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
* Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
* Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read / comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required

Scavenger Hunt from Life #45: Nov 7 - Nov 15

plastic
glass
metal
wood
ceramic
tool
toy
fire hydrant
cabinet
store front
noisy
seasonal
outside ornament
steps/stairs
hallway
mailbox
soft
hard
hand (challenge below)
vehicle
blue
art supply
hobby
sport
stack of ....
row of ...

Challenge sketch some of the items in your hand.
Put several items in one sketch

Have fun.

Whoops I missed the previous hunt. Sorry, everyone.
Jo - Thanks for the new list!

Jo, thanks for the new list.

1 - soft grasses - watercolor
2 - hard (lighthouse itself)
3 - blue ocean
IMG_1249.jpeg

Joan, a great start... agree with Robin... I like your grass and sand texture as well... like everything...lol

Thanks for list jo.
joan - excellent as always. You always make me homesipack for LI.

Pushing myself to get back into art everyday. Got going on my course again. Posted my latest effort in the watercolor forum. Also want to get back in habit of drawing everyday.

#1 plastic - Air Pod Case. ink In pocket sketchbook. Think the results speak for my need to practice,.😎

1753F77C-823A-48C9-A58B-D0FAC89D833F.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks everyone!

Joe, glad to hear you are pushing yourself to get back into doing art every day. Will have to go check and see what you posted in the wc forum. Nice sketch of the plastic AirPod case.

Sylvia, your row of fruit looks delicious!

This is my plein air painting done at the Suffolk County Farm yesterday. It was windy and chilly (after nearly a week of very warm weather) but I found a spot next to a building that blocked the wind so I was really comfortable.

4 - wood fence - watercolor
5 - metal silos
6 - seasonal changing leaves
7 - row of wheelbarrows

IMG_1256.jpeg

Sylvia - Thanks. Nicely done watercolor fruit.

joan - the detail both real and implied is great.

#2 metal - big clip. Pen and ink in pocket sketchbook. (Sketch in background is my next ink project..an iguana.)

ED8C9AA2-D714-4AAA-A3B1-3B757D0F6420.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Joan, I love the barn scene with so many items. Great!

Joe, I like your clip. Good for sketching another day!

I sketched in the Art Street sketchbook with a Micron 03. Spattered coffee on it, but it is a coffee mug. Ha.
Number 1, hand and #2 glass
Number 3, metal - a little brass container with a ceramic top in hand for challenge

csshfl45glass.jpg

csshfl45metal.jpg

Done in ink and wc brushpen... girlie stuffs on my hand ... all took about 15 minutes... in a 4x7 inch local sketchbook
1) metal -- silver fish earring
2) glass -- red bead earring
3) wood -- a match
4) stacked -- four of colorful small hair scrunchy rings
5) plastic -- blue eye-wash solution cup

h46_stuffsInHand.jpg

Back